A man in his 80s has died after his car left the road near North Walsham
- Credit: Archant
A man in his 80s died when his car left the road near North Walsham.
It happened on the A149 Cromer Road, near the Gunton Arms, shortly before 3.15pm on Wednesday, July 5.
The driver of the green Mazda Tribute car died at the scene.
Norfolk police said they suspected the man had suffered a 'medical episode'. No other vehicles were involved.
The road was closed while emergency services attended, however it was reopened around 7.10pm.
You may also want to watch:
Anyone who may have witnessed the collision, or anyone who may have seen the driving manner of the vehicle prior to the incident, should call the Acle Roads Policing Team on 101.
Norfolk police said that no further details of the deceased will be released ahead of an inquest, which will be opened in due course.
- 1 Air ambulance called and A47 closed after incident
- 2 Major Lowestoft road partially closed due to police incident
- 3 Why this Norfolk village is one of the best in the UK
- 4 'I couldn't believe my eyes' - snorkeller finds 125-year-old shipwreck
- 5 Man airlifted to hospital with serious head injuries after fight near pub
- 6 Shed set alight, 16 broken into and pumpkins destroyed at allotments
- 7 Pedestrian suffers life-threatening injuries in A47 crash
- 8 Do you recognise this man?
- 9 'Very calculated predator' - how jailed abuser befriended pupils' families
- 10 A47 set for two weeks of roadworks from Monday