A day in pictures: Police operation to recover body and missing man’s car from canal
The body of a man recovered from a submerged vehicle in the river Waveney at St Olaves is believed to be missing Charles Samuel Watson from Henstead, police said today.
The 25-year-old, known to his family and friends as Sam, was last seen in the early hours of Easter Monday when he split up from his friends on a stag do in Great Yarmouth.
Today officers from Great Yarmouth CID confirmed the vehicle being recovered from the river is a silver VW Golf.
The body of a man has been discovered inside the vehicle.
Formal identification is yet to take place but police say it is believed to be the body of Mr Watson.
A police spokesman said: 'There do not appear to be any suspicious circumstances however, the death is now being treated as a fatal road traffic collision, pending further enquiries.
'A post mortem will take place next week and the death has been referred to the coroner.'
- 1 Hermes courier and his wife could be jailed over ‘stolen parcels’
- 2 Obituary: Tributes after 'heart-shaped hole' is left following teaching assistant's death
- 3 Row erupts after dozens of trees aligning footpath chopped down
- 4 How Norfolk's current Covid figures compare to November 2020 lockdown
- 5 Man arrested on suspicion of sexually assaulting girl on her way to school
- 6 Christmas lights switch-on cancelled due to forecasted high winds
- 7 Freezing cold temperatures could see snow in parts of Norfolk this weekend
- 8 Fire crews tackle large barn blaze
- 9 Winter Wonderland coming to park with ice slide, donkeys and reindeer
- 10 Primary pupil sexually assaulted on way to school