A cat’s tale is featured in new book by debut Great Yarmouth author Valerie Jordan
- Credit: Archant
A heartwarming tale of the escapades of a cat after being abandoned by its owners is at the heart of a new book by a Great Yarmouth 75-year-old.
Valerie Jordan has just published the second edition of her first book, The Diary of Matt the Cat, which was inspired by a cat called Trigger her family got from a rescue centre.
Mrs Jordan said the book could be enjoyed by anyone aged from 'eight to 108'.
She said: 'Matt is an abandoned cat who is left behind deliberately when his owners move out.
'He is eventually adopted and then has more escapades because he is a very wily, independent and determined cat at times.
You may also want to watch:
'I literally put myself in Matt's mind and wrote how I believed he would think and feel.'
Mrs Jordan said her late husband, Aleyn, encouraged her to write the book, and she is now planing a sequel.
- 1 What can't open in Norfolk on May 17 - and why
- 2 Man, 89, was killed by lorry as he headed to his parents' grave
- 3 Go-ahead for eagles to be reintroduced to Norfolk
- 4 Norfolk seaside village third most sought-after in UK
- 5 'Absolutely horrific' - Girl, 14, kicked and punched in face in fight
- 6 Former Primark store goes up for rent
- 7 1,000 people book for Norwich restaurant's 'back out to help out' offer
- 8 Ten Covid patients in Norfolk's hospitals means more restrictions should be eased
- 9 Moment delivery driver walks through shop window
- 10 What happened when The Only Way Is Essex was filmed in Norfolk?
The book was originally published when Mrs Jordan was 70, and this is an updated edition.
The Diary of Matt the Cat is available to buy on www.mattthecat.co.uk