97-year-old driver fined £265 after demolishing neighbour’s porch
- Credit: Archant
A 97-year-old woman who demolished the porch of a neighbour's house after reversing at high speed has been fined £265 and given five penalty points.
Beulah Carr, of Fulcher Avenue, Cromer, pleaded guilty in writing to driving without due care and attention at Norwich Magistrates' Court today.
The accident happened on Fulcher Avenue at 3.25pm on March 12, 2014.
Mrs Carr's silver Hyundai suffered damage to its rear, but neither she nor the owners of the property were injured.
Speaking at the time of the crash, neighbour Keith Davies, 71, from Fulcher Avenue, said: 'There was quite a bang. I thought a train had come off the line. I did not see it happen.'
You may also want to watch:
As well as being fined and given points on her licence, Mrs Carr was told to pay a £27 victim's surcharge.
- 1 Vision for multi-million pound new Norwich venue revealed
- 2 Murder investigation launched after woman found dead following house fire
- 3 Police reopen road following earlier crash
- 4 11 Norfolk cafés perfect for outdoor dining
- 5 Be lord of the manor: Site of forgotten mansion for sale for £2.3m
- 6 Child taken to hospital after being pulled from the sea
- 7 Thieves swam across river to steal paddleboards from new firm
- 8 Murdered Norfolk mum's bravery has helped family through their darkest days
- 9 Norfolk cliffs fall man arrested on suspicion of murder released on bail
- 10 Shoppers queue for revamped garden centre reopening