8.30am update: Norwich brewery thanks public for support ahead of settling dispute with Red Bull
The battle between Norwich's Redwell brewery and international energy drink giant Red Bull looks likely to be settled today.
Red Bull had taken exception to Redwell registering a trademark because it felt it was too similar too their brand.
However, after an outpouring of social media support for Redwell on Twitter and Facebook it emerged that Red Bull's lawyers had backed down, as long as Redwell agreed not to produce energy drinks.
This morning the Norwich brewery, based at The Arches in Bracondale, has thanked its Twitter followers using its @Redwellbeer account.
It said: 'Looking forward to finalising a deal with Red Bull today, we will be keeping our name but need to make sure we can use it freely.
You may also want to watch:
'We can't thank you enough for all your support yesterday and today, looking (forward) to finalising details with red bull today and using our name freely.'
- For more articles about the battle between Redwell and Red Bull, see the links at the top-right of this page.
- 1 'It's not even that short' - schoolboy, 14, put in isolation due to haircut
- 2 Ex-head charged with sex attacks on boys at Norfolk school
- 3 Travellers camped at garden centre car park
- 4 'Someone will get hurt' - Frustration over pothole near Norwich surgery
- 5 Photo shows car inches from knocking cyclist off road
- 6 Norwich City drop huge hint of global star gig at Carrow Road
- 7 Tattoo studio owner fined after refusing to close in lockdown
- 8 Elton John to kick off UK leg of farewell tour at Carrow Road
- 9 James Bond themed windmill owned by 007 star for rent
- 10 Hotel's new pizza restaurant enjoys 'fantastic' first month