£500 win in The Journal competition
- Credit: Nick Butcher
The winner has been drawn in our New Year competition for one lucky reader to win £500 in cash!
Paul Gardner, from Hopton-on-Sea, correctly answered '31' to the question: 'How many days are there in January?'
Mr Gardner, 35, said: 'It was a great surprise to discover I had won, it really made my day when I found out.
'You enter these competitions and do not expect to win, so it was a nice surprise, the money will certainly come in handy.
'I entered when I was reading The Journal in bed and saw the competition and entered thinking nothing would come of it. It is true, you really have to be in it, to win it.
'I have no plans on how I will spend the prize money but it will probably be on a project – or I could buy 500 copies of the Lowestoft Journal!'
- 1 Norfolk pub gets booked up every Sunday for its roast dinner platters
- 2 Staff and customers gutted after fire badly damages popular takeaway
- 3 Custom-built six-bedroom home with indoor slide on the market for £900,000
- 4 Meet the man behind a morbid new craze
- 5 18 sights you will remember from Norfolk in the 1980s
- 6 Is this Norfolk's quirkiest cafe?
- 7 Pressure waves of Hunga Tonga volcanic eruption felt across East Anglia
- 8 Long stretch of A47 closed overnight due to crash
- 9 Villagers hope to take on land near their homes
- 10 Investigations continue after stabbing in town park