30ft tree falls in to road at East Tuddenham
- Credit: IAN BURT
A 30ft tree fell in East Tuddenham today hitting a substation in the area causing a blockage to the road.
The Street was blocked both ways at the Church Lane junction as the fallen tree, thought to be up to 30ft high and 2ft wide, had to be cut apart by villagers.
The fallen tree didn't hurt anyone and police were called to the road but later left the scene.
One local man's fence was damaged by the falling tree, he didn't want to be named, but he said: 'I can't say that it's been left safe, and in such a mess.'
Cables from phone lines were hanging above hedges outside the homes and a BT worker went to the road to inspect the wires.
You may also want to watch:
We contacted BT who said they are investigating the incident.
- 1 Woman sexually assaulted in Norwich
- 2 Police seal off building site in Norwich
- 3 Family told baby with half a working heart has weeks to live
- 4 Woman on soft-food diet 'forever' after attack by kick-boxer partner
- 5 Norfolk-based Rick Wakeman 'stunned and proud' after being made a CBE
- 6 Oh deer! Muntjac escorted out of Tesco after sprinting into bakery
- 7 Pub hands out free ice creams during road collision traffic jam
- 8 Two city businesses on the move as mystery new tenant hovers
- 9 Left-back seals permanent Canaries exit
- 10 Bleach thrown at woman from passing car