A former soldier and a sex offender were among those jailed this week.

Albert Ciorvasi, 43

Eastern Daily Press: Norwich Magistrates' Court was told Albert Ciorvasi had been undertaking target practiceNorwich Magistrates' Court was told Albert Ciorvasi had been undertaking target practice (Image: Newsquest)

Ciorvasi, a former soldier in the Romanian army, was arrested on September 30 last year in Great Yarmouth.

While drunk, Ciorvasi decided to fire a .22 air rifle with a telescopic sight at bottles on the beach as target practice.

People desperately ducked for cover and police swooped to the scene and arrested him.

READ MORE: Two arrested after incident in Warren Court, Cromer

Despite being on police bail for that offence, he then embarked on a two-week crime spree including smashing the windows of a car on Marine Parade on October 10 before stealing a mobile phone accessory.

He stole a luxury watch and Apple Airpods from another car, a microwave from a property he broke into and items from Sainsbury’s.

Ciorvasi, of Exmouth Road, Great Yarmouth, appeared at Norwich Magistrates' Court on February 9 and was jailed for eight weeks.

Magistrates also ordered the destruction of his gun.

Adrian Colk, 52

Eastern Daily Press: Adrian Colk was jailed for three yearsAdrian Colk was jailed for three years (Image: Norfolk Constabulary)

Colk, of Wodehouse Close in Stalham, appeared at Norwich Crown Court on Monday (February 5) having admitted sexual communication with a child and inciting a child to engage in sexual activity in September and October 2021.

He had sent a string of "sexually explicit" texts to a 15-year-old girl, including encouragements to commit sexual acts upon herself.

The offending was only discovered after the victim's mother found messages on her daughter's Apple watch and contacted police.

Colk was jailed for three years, was made the subject of an indefinite Sexual Harm Prevention Order (SHPO) and was also put on the sex offenders' register indefinitely.

David Boughen, 39

David Boughen, 39, was struggling with his mental health after losing his job as an Iceland delivery driver and took two knives - including a large kitchen one - with him to a park in King's Lynn.

Boughen, who had drunk four beers and was distressed, made a call for help after going to the Wisbech Road park but got through to police rather than a crisis team after making the call.

READ MORE: Image released of £72k man had with after Norwich drugs deal

An officer approached Boughen asking him to put the weapons down but he was "aggressive" and swore at the officer.

Boughen then reportedly "approached the officer with both the knives in his hands".

Boughen, formerly of Burney Road, Lynn, but now from Goodens Lane, Wisbech, appeared at court having admitted threatening a person with a sharply-pointed article in a public place on November 29 last year.

He was handed a 46-week prison sentence suspended for 24 months, a 25 days rehabilitation activity requirement (RAR) and a 12-month mental health treatment requirement.