The husband of a cancer survivor who was given the all-clear the day before her death has paid a heartfelt tribute to “the love of his life”. 

Jennifer Collison, the wife of Norwich CBS manager Mark Collison, died after she was involved in a car accident with a tipper truck. 

Her death came less than 24 hours of her being given the news that she had overcome aggressive, stage three ovarian cancer. 

In a statement to the senior coroner for Norfolk, Jacqueline Lake, Mr Collison described his wife as his best friend and the love of his life. 

He said: “We never argued and just knew what the other was thinking; supporting each other in everything the other chose to do. 

“Life with Jennifer was just easy and it's only now she has gone that I look back and see how easy our life together was. 

“My daughter described Jennifer and I as 'just right’ and now it’s gone.” 

Eastern Daily Press: Norwich CBS manager Mark Collison paid tribute to his wife Jennifer

At an inquest into her death, the Norwich-based court heard how the 55-year-old worked as a project manager at West Suffolk Hospital. 

She met her husband in 2015 and they married in 2019 on the Caribbean Island of St Lucia. 

“Away from work, she loved to travel. We saw many countries together,” Mr Collison added. 

“Travel was Jennifer’s big love. 

“Jennifer was very active. She never sat still and was always on the go. She enjoyed going to the gym and if she could, would have gone every day. 

“Jennifer was a kind person and always worried about every else and put everyone else's needs before her own.” 

She also helped to run AA groups in the Breckland area and offered support to those with addiction. 

In 2022, Mrs Collison became unwell and was diagnosed with cancer. Subsequently, she had treatment and an operation to remove her ovaries.  

In February this year, she received a letter to say she was cancer-free. 

The day before she died, she was returning home when her BMW crashed into a tipper truck on London Road, Thetford. 

She sustained a major bleed to the brain and died the following day on February 21 after being taken off her life-support machine. 

Originally from the London borough of Barnet, she used to be the club secretary for Norwich CBS. 

Mrs Lake recorded a conclusion of death due to a road traffic collision with the medical cause of death given as a head injury.