An 89-year-old Norfolk man hoping to complete an incredible 90 challenges before his 90th birthday will next attempt to fly a plane.

Malcolm Metcalf, from Gorleston, has already ticked 80 activities off his '90 before 90' bucket list. 

His goal is to raise £10,000 for the Priscilla Bacon Hospice and his next effort will see him fly a plane at Norwich airport on September 15.

In recent weeks, Mr Metcalf has been busy. On June 28 he visited the Royal Norfolk Show and on July 1 he participated in the Gorleston Park Run, walking alongside 301 runners and proudly claiming the title of the oldest participant.

READ MORE: From axe throwing to dog show judging, Malcolm keeps ticking off the challenges

Eastern Daily Press: Malcolm Metcalf pictured in 2014 surveying rooks. Malcolm Metcalf pictured in 2014 surveying rooks. (Image: James Bass)

Throughout July, he continued his birthday challenge.

He enjoyed homemade scones with jam and cream at Blakey's Bus Cafe in Mulbarton and helped to make rock at Potters Rock Shop on Regent Road, Great Yarmouth.

His adventures extended to the world of entertainment, as he visited the Hippodrome Circus and had a photo taken with performers Jack Jay and Johnny Mac.

One of his notable challenges included a ride on the Alysham to Wroxham railway with his friend Graham Lee. 

On July 17, he visited the First Belton Scouts, where he shared stories, made campfires, and enjoyed camp doughnuts with the Scouts.

His journey also took him to Scotland, where he visited the famous Gleneagles Golf Course and toured four picturesque lochs: Loch Earn, Loch Tay, Loch Rannoch, and Loch Lubnaig.

READ MORE: How a gift from his twin inspired Gorleston man to travel the world

Mr Metcalf explored Glamis Castle, the late Queen Mother's former home, and made his own piece of tartan at the Crieff Tartan Shop.

His challenges also included giving a talk to the Starting Handle Club in Bawburgh.

Mr Metcalf then travelled with Caister artist Margaret Carver and her husband Richard to Horsey Mill, where he attempted his very first painting in pastels.

Encouraged by onlookers, he completed the painting in six hours, and one admirer even offered to buy it.