£20,000 presented to Nelson’s Journey by Roys of Wroxham
- Credit: Archant
Norfolk firm Roys of Wroxham has given Nelson's Journey £20,000 this year, after its latest cheque presentation of £10,000.
Nelson's Journey is a Norfolk charity that supports children and young people who have experienced the death of a significant person in their life.
The extra money could fund 1000 Worry Eaters - special toys that encourage children to express themselves during times of worry and anxiety.
Nelson's Journey is in constant need of donations to help with the ever growing number of referrals it is receiving.
Phil Kerridge, chairman of trustees, said: 'This year we have received nearly 600 referrals, with an expected 1000 to reach us by the end of 2017. We have never needed the support more.'
You may also want to watch:
The money is raised through the sale of 5p carrier bags throughout all Roys and Highway Garden and Leisure stores and is then donated to the year's chosen charity.
- 1 Escape to the Country names 'north Norfolk's seaside capital'
- 2 Pretty thatched cafe business on Broads for sale for £75,000
- 3 Anger as woodland used as 'playground and dustbin'
- 4 Giant Victorian underground reservoir marks supplying city for 150 years
- 5 Report into woman's murder by jealous ex: 'Employers must do more'
- 6 The areas where Covid rates have fallen the fastest since lockdown began
- 7 Homes plan to be revealed for former infant school
- 8 First look at five new homes released for sale at popular site in Taverham
- 9 Former village pub for sale as home
- 10 Norwich City star tipped to reject move to Tottenham