£20,000 presented to Nelson’s Journey by Roys of Wroxham
- Credit: Archant
Norfolk firm Roys of Wroxham has given Nelson's Journey £20,000 this year, after its latest cheque presentation of £10,000.
Nelson's Journey is a Norfolk charity that supports children and young people who have experienced the death of a significant person in their life.
The extra money could fund 1000 Worry Eaters - special toys that encourage children to express themselves during times of worry and anxiety.
Nelson's Journey is in constant need of donations to help with the ever growing number of referrals it is receiving.
Phil Kerridge, chairman of trustees, said: 'This year we have received nearly 600 referrals, with an expected 1000 to reach us by the end of 2017. We have never needed the support more.'
The money is raised through the sale of 5p carrier bags throughout all Roys and Highway Garden and Leisure stores and is then donated to the year's chosen charity.
- 1 Case of Omicron Covid variant confirmed in north Norfolk
- 2 'Squatter' couple become legal owners of land as saga continues
- 3 Norfolk college named best secondary school in the UK
- 4 Shocking footage appears to show £100m Marham jet crashing off carrier
- 5 Confusion as people in Norfolk mistakenly turn up for booster jab
- 6 Woman with scissors said she wanted to murder someone at supermarket
- 7 Man charged with drink driving after crash at police station
- 8 Waste carrier fined £1,900 after metal and containers found in woodland
- 9 6 ice rinks to visit in Norfolk and Suffolk this Christmas
- 10 Norfolk Labour website tells people not to vote for party