Power cut expected to leave nearly 150 homes without electricity for up to eight hours
- Credit: Archant
Homes across 19 different postcodes including in north Norfolk and Norwich could be without electricity for up to eight hours after a power cut.
Since 10.05am, 141 homes have been without power, including some in Aylsham and the surrounding areas as well as others in Costessey.
UK Power Network said the unplanned cut was caused due to a fallen overhead electricity line and that they would work to restore power to residents as quickly as possible.
Power was restored to some residents remotely, though engineers have been sent to the scene to repair the line.
A message on their website said: “Due to the amount of work we suspect is needed to fix the issue, the estimated time to have you back on is now between 5.30pm and 6.30pm.
You may also want to watch:
“We have been able to reroute some supplies, so your power maybe back on already. We’ll keep you updated with our progress.”
- 1 Family of missing man informed after body found in water
- 2 Buy a former 1950s police station for sale for £330,000
- 3 'Stay local' warning and visitors fined after hundreds head to Sea Palling
- 4 Police give out £200 penalty notices to day-trippers for second weekend running
- 5 When can I go to the beach? Lockdown travel questions answered
- 6 Tributes to kind-hearted dad-of-three who died from Covid
- 7 Cardiac arrest call sparks rescue operation near beauty spot
- 8 Photos show RAF centre being visited by ‘beast’ of an aircraft
- 9 'They think they can get away with it' - crowds flock to seaside village
- 10 Households with children to get two Covid tests per person every week