Over £11,000 raised for cancer charity at golf day
- Credit: Archant
More than £11,000 has been raised for a cancer charity at a golf day in mid Norfolk.
The 20th Macmillan Charity Golf Day was held at Barnham Broom Golf Club at the end of 2018, with over 100 golfers turning out to support the charity.
A grand total of £11,385 was raised at the golf day, which also included a dinner, auction and a raffle, with a variety of donated rounds of golf from many clubs which were sold by silent auction.
The latest sum raised brings the overall total from the 20 years the event has been running to over £200,000 thanks to the wide support of many different groups.
Next year's charity event at Barnham Broom Golf Club is already being planned for October 4.
You may also want to watch:
Are you taking part in a charity event in the Dereham, Fakenham, Wells or Reepham area? Contact our reporter Daniel Bennett by emailing email@example.com.
- 1 Man in his 50s dies after head-on collision on A143
- 2 'Never seen anything like it' - Norfolk Christmas shopping frenzy has begun
- 3 'Landmark' former Tuttles store could be set for new lease of life
- 4 How Norfolk are you? Take this quiz to find out
- 5 Chantry Place 'close to finalising deals' with four major brands
- 6 Norfolk RSPCA store appears on Rip Off Britain
- 7 Air ambulance and coastguard attend incident on Sheringham beachfront
- 8 Brown Derbies and Bender sausages, when Wimpy ruled fast food
- 9 Police probing reports Norwich clubbers have been spiked by needles
- 10 Paddy Davitt verdict: The end game is upon us