Over £11,000 raised for cancer charity at golf day
- Credit: Archant
More than £11,000 has been raised for a cancer charity at a golf day in mid Norfolk.
The 20th Macmillan Charity Golf Day was held at Barnham Broom Golf Club at the end of 2018, with over 100 golfers turning out to support the charity.
A grand total of £11,385 was raised at the golf day, which also included a dinner, auction and a raffle, with a variety of donated rounds of golf from many clubs which were sold by silent auction.
The latest sum raised brings the overall total from the 20 years the event has been running to over £200,000 thanks to the wide support of many different groups.
Next year's charity event at Barnham Broom Golf Club is already being planned for October 4.
You may also want to watch:
Are you taking part in a charity event in the Dereham, Fakenham, Wells or Reepham area? Contact our reporter Daniel Bennett by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
- 1 MP moves to reassure public as film crew hires out village homes
- 2 The Norfolk market town that used to be in Suffolk
- 3 Family tribute to caring and loving Norwich man who was 'one of a kind'
- 4 Destructive stink bugs could be heading for Norfolk
- 5 Talented teen baker set to open cake shop in town centre
- 6 Motorcyclist, 17, dies after crashing into lamp post
- 7 Teenage girl seriously sexually assaulted near rail track
- 8 Part of A11 reopened after earlier issues with concrete
- 9 Plea for a solution after raw sewage floods family's garden
- 10 Man in 20s among further Covid deaths at Norfolk hospital