10 of the most unusual job titles in Norfolk and Waveney
- Credit: Archant
Say librarian, shop assistant or street cleaner and most people know what you're talking about. However as ANDREW PAPWORTH discovered, some job titles are less than clear...
? Executive member for place - Paul Claussen holds this title at Breckland Council, overseeing sport and leisure facilities, community safety and environental services.
? Director of sleep - Travelodge famously created this role, not for someone to snooze during the working day but check the hotel chain's beds allowed for a good night's rest.
? Student achievement mentor plus - before becoming East Coast College, this role at Lowestoft College was designed to ensure students got top career advice.
? Community connector - the title may seem a tad odd, but these people at South Norfolk Council do sterling work supporting those most in need of help in South Norfolk.
You may also want to watch:
? Service station champion - Shell in Fakenham had been advertising for this person to dazzle shoppers and people buying fuel with great customer service skills.
? Excellence consultant - Aviva strives to be the best, so employs people so workers can progress their careers, address any weak areas and achieve their potential.
- 1 Top of the Pops dancer, Octopussy star and 'Lord' settles in Norfolk
- 2 Reduce your dementia risk with 7 lifestyle changes
- 3 Woman injured by jars of sauce thrown in Sainsbury's
- 4 Wanted Norwich man arrested in north Norfolk village
- 5 Man exposed himself to three teenage girls at Morrisons
- 6 BBC Springwatch films at Norfolk nature haven - with beavers
- 7 'They thought I was crazy' - New owner's lockdown pub success
- 8 'Vulnerable' Norfolk man missing from home
- 9 A47 tailbacks as roadworks move west near Norwich
- 10 Bar splashes out £500,000 on outdoor dining area
? Keeper of the Muckhill - Barry Howard has recently been appointed to this ceremonial role in King's Lynn. In the 16th century, this person organised Lynn's rubbish into muckhills.
? Public open space operative - West Norfolk council employs these on a seasonsal basis to keep parks and streets clean within the borough.
? Patrão - this is the name Nando's gives to general managers at its restaurants. To reach that level though, it helps to have been a Nandoca - a customer service assistant.
? Genius - we all like to think we are one, but at the Apple Store they really are as this is the grand title it gives to those working on its technical support desk.