10 Things to do around South Norfolk this weekend
- Credit: Archant
There is always a lot going on in South Norfolk. Here are just a few ideas of what to do and where to go this weekend (Saturday, October 28 to Sunday, October 29).
• Get spooky at Bressingham Steam and Gardens with witches, ghosts and ghoulish goings on, Friday and Saturday from 5.30pm. • Get into the carnival spirit as Banham Zoo celebrates its lemurs as part of the World Lemur Festival. Saturday and Sunday 9.30am to 5pm, tickets £12-18.
• There is still time to grab a pint at the Norwich Beer Festival at St Andrew's and Blackfriars' Halls in Norwich. 11.30am to 9pm, tickets £3.
• The Norfolk Showground is hosting the Norfolk Antique and Collectors Fair for a weekend of timeless trinkets and fascinating finds. Tickets £4.
• Norfolk's biggest scare experience returns as PrimEVIL brings shocking attractions to Dinosaur Adventure, 6pm to 11pm, tickets £18.95-£22.95.
• Wymondham Town Football Club is hosting a fundraising quiz to raise money for the town's Christmas lights. Saturday, 7.30pm, £1 per person, teams of six.
• Elveden Estate is hosting the 5km Quarantine Fun Run. Escape the infected while taking on the obstacle course. Starts from 10am. Tickets from £15.
- 1 Man charged with murder of 19-year-old daughter
- 2 Four Norfolk gastropubs named among best in UK
- 3 Tributes paid to 'lovely' teenager as police continue murder probe
- 4 'Heartbreaking' - Vandals force landmark church to close after damage spree
- 5 Two men charged with murder after death in Downham Market
- 6 Woman 'shocked' after brick thrown through living-room window
- 7 Toddler died after getting trapped between stair gates
- 8 Hospital worker set for £60,000 payout after raising 'bullying' concerns
- 9 Revealed: No one has paid £10,000 fines issued for breaking Covid rules
- 10 Fire at farm near Taverham being treated as arson
• Common Ground Theatre Company presents Charles Dickens' The Old Curiosity Shop at The Corn Hall in Diss on Saturday. Tickets £7-£10.
• On Sunday from 5pm, The Burston Crown presents Day Of The Dead with a bonfire, BBQ, UV face painting, family competitions and music. Free to attend.
• Enjoy doughnuts, drinks and activities at the Roydon Parish Church in the Roydon Parish Room. Saturday from 3.30pm to 5pm, free to attend.