New Mexican Street Food restaurant to open in Norwich
- Credit: Archant
Inspired by a trip to Mexico, Jive Kitchen & Bar on Exchange Street in Norwich, will be serving up a selection of tacos, burritos and churros when it opens its doors on Thursday, October 6.
A new Mexican restaurant is set to open in Norwich city centre next week, in the former home of Le Bistro, on Exchange Street.
Inspired by a Norwich couple's recent trip to Mexico, Jive Kitchen & Bar will be offering a range of Mexican street food dishes including pork belly carnitas tacos, chipotle hot wings and beef barbecoa burritos as well as churros with butterscotch sauce.
After gaining firsthand insight into Mexican cuisine and spending several weeks sitting in a camper van creating menus, owners Rowan Baker and Lizzie Cater finally decided they were ready to bring a taste of their travels to Norwich.
Mr Baker, who will be taking on the role of head chef at the restaurant, said: 'I've always known this was something I wanted to do, but it wasn't until I actually visited Mexico that it became real for me. When Lizzie and I got home from our trip, we went back to work but decided to try and see whether we could actually make the restaurant happen so started holding pop ups at various events in the city. The food went down really well and we managed to secure a great space for Jive... The rest, as they say, is history.'
You may also want to watch:
He added: 'Once you come and eat here, you'll realise there's nothing quite like it in Norwich, or even the whole of Norfolk.'
• Jive Kitchen & Bar opens at 2A Exchange Street on Thursday, October 6 and will then be open weekly between Tuesday and Saturday for lunch and dinner. For more information visit jivekitchen.co.uk
- 1 Norwich sees biggest rise in Covid infection rates in the country
- 2 Aviva to close two large office sites in Norwich
- 3 Hotel 'nobody wants to buy' for sale as housing for £365,000
- 4 Part of seventh skeleton discovered in city street
- 5 Man who drove 128 miles for fish and chips among latest Covid fines
- 6 Man who died in west Norfolk crash named
- 7 Delivery van towed from deep water on road closed due to flood risk
- 8 Nine Norfolk flood alerts ahead of Storm Christoph
- 9 Councillor 'incandescent' over second-home owners breaking Covid rules
- 10 Going full term during this coronavirus pandemic fills me with absolute terror