New Mexican Street Food restaurant to open in Norwich
- Credit: Archant
Inspired by a trip to Mexico, Jive Kitchen & Bar on Exchange Street in Norwich, will be serving up a selection of tacos, burritos and churros when it opens its doors on Thursday, October 6.
A new Mexican restaurant is set to open in Norwich city centre next week, in the former home of Le Bistro, on Exchange Street.
Inspired by a Norwich couple's recent trip to Mexico, Jive Kitchen & Bar will be offering a range of Mexican street food dishes including pork belly carnitas tacos, chipotle hot wings and beef barbecoa burritos as well as churros with butterscotch sauce.
After gaining firsthand insight into Mexican cuisine and spending several weeks sitting in a camper van creating menus, owners Rowan Baker and Lizzie Cater finally decided they were ready to bring a taste of their travels to Norwich.
Mr Baker, who will be taking on the role of head chef at the restaurant, said: 'I've always known this was something I wanted to do, but it wasn't until I actually visited Mexico that it became real for me. When Lizzie and I got home from our trip, we went back to work but decided to try and see whether we could actually make the restaurant happen so started holding pop ups at various events in the city. The food went down really well and we managed to secure a great space for Jive... The rest, as they say, is history.'
You may also want to watch:
He added: 'Once you come and eat here, you'll realise there's nothing quite like it in Norwich, or even the whole of Norfolk.'
• Jive Kitchen & Bar opens at 2A Exchange Street on Thursday, October 6 and will then be open weekly between Tuesday and Saturday for lunch and dinner. For more information visit jivekitchen.co.uk
- 1 Two Norfolk hotels named among the best in the country
- 2 Man dies following crash between tractor and car
- 3 Jonny to the rescue! Boyfriend springs into action after coffee spill drama
- 4 Family's anger at sentencing of driver who killed 'kind and caring' nan
- 5 Farmhouse sells at auction after 60 bids - but how much did it go for?
- 6 Wife's tribute to horse-loving 'true-gentleman' after inquest
- 7 Former policeman to appear in court accused of rape
- 8 12 police vehicles called to 'very serious' crash in west Norfolk
- 9 The Original Factory Shop opens its doors in north Norfolk
- 10 Delays on A47 following crash