New Giggling Squid restaurant opens in Norwich
- Credit: Archant
Chain restaurant Giggling Squid will be bringing a taste of Thailand to Norwich as the company's first Norfolk restaurant is now ready to open its doors.
Founded in 2008 by husband-and-wife team Pranee and Andy Laurillard, Giggling Squid, promises customers 'Thai cuisine in a stylish yet relaxed environment'.
The Norwich branch is the 17th restaurant under the company's belt and marks the beginning of a large expansion plan, which has seen the restaurant group acquire venues in Brentwood, Wokingham, Windsor, Berkhamsted, Warwick, Farnham, and Bath following an investment from the Business Growth Fund and an £8m bank facility from Barclays.
Co-Founder, Pranee Laurillard said: 'We've had our eye on Norwich for a while now. It's clear there's a vibrant, buzzing food scene, and we think our fresh take on Thai cuisine will go down really well. We've just been waiting for the right location to come up. Now it has, we can't wait to open our doors!'
Giggling Squid's new Norwich restaurant is located at 24 Tombland, the former home of La Tasca, and is offering Tapas style lunches with an array of small plates such as seared scallops with spicy lime dressing, grilled chicken satay and pork dumplings.
You may also want to watch:
Their evening menu features staples such as Thai green curry; Massaman chicken curry or for the more adventurous, the spicy Tropical jungle curry, combined with showstoppers like the 'Crying Beef', a North East Thailand special of grilled sirloin accompanied with spicy dipping sauce.
Unsurprisingly a selection of squid dishes are on offer, including the company's signature salt and pepper squid, and a range of items will also be available to takeaway.
- 1 Two Norfolk hotels named among the best in the country
- 2 Man dies following crash between tractor and car
- 3 Farmhouse sells at auction after 60 bids - but how much did it go for?
- 4 Jonny to the rescue! Boyfriend springs into action after coffee spill drama
- 5 12 police vehicles called to 'very serious' crash in west Norfolk
- 6 Family's anger at sentencing of driver who killed 'kind and caring' nan
- 7 The top-rated McDonald's in Norfolk according to Tripadvisor
- 8 Wife's tribute to horse-loving 'true-gentleman' after inquest
- 9 Former policeman to appear in court accused of rape
- 10 Husband donates £1m to cancer research so 'no one else goes through same pain'
The opening of the Thai eatery follows news that Five Guys and Byron Hamburgers are also set to open their first restaurants in the city over the coming months.
• Giggling Squid will be open in the city from 12pm to 10pm Monday to Thursday, 12pm to 10.30pm on Fridays and Saturdays and between 12pm and 9.30pm on Sundays.
• What do you think of Giggling Squid coming to Norwich? Share your thoughts in the comments below.