Neatishead blaze destroys mini-cruiser and boat shed
An out-of-control bonfire on the Broads this afternoon has completely destroyed a mini-cruiser and the boat shed in which it was stored.
Firefighters from Stalham and Wroxham were called to Hall Lane, Neatishead, at 12.40pm after a bonfire spread to a nearby boat shed, believed to be privately owned.
Brett Hopcroft, operations support officer with Norfolk Fire and Rescue Service, said the incident was a 'cautionary tale' and an example of one of the key messages which the fire service was putting out in the current dry conditions.
'If you must have a bonfire, be very, very careful about where it is sited,' he said.
Firefighters brought the blaze under control fairly quickly but were still on the scene damping down at 3.30pm. The site, with a Broad on one side, made access more difficult, according to a fire service spokesman.
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Extent of Norwich Prison Covid outbreak revealed
- 2 Tributes to 'Winkle' - the legendary landlord who broke the mould
- 3 Village care home confirms coronavirus outbreak
- 4 'Sounded like my roof was coming off': RAF jet sonic boom heard over city
- 5 Town clerk sacked following months of controversy
- 6 New drive-thru McDonald's to create 65 jobs
- 7 Mansion for sale for £2.5million with helicopter pad
- 8 Flood alerts across Norfolk ahead of expected rain
- 9 Police concerned for welfare of missing 14-year-old girl
- 10 'My heart was racing' - Horse rider's shocking encounter with speeding van