More names announced for Latitude Festival
Latitude Festival's eclectic line up continues to expand with more performers revealed today.
Among them are comedians Mark Steel, Russell Kane and Jason Byrne as well as dance house Sadler's Wells and broadcaster Andrew Marr.
Latitude has become one of the country's premier arts and culture festivals since it was founded 10 years ago and the latest edition boasts a variety of artists, performers and experts in all kinds of fields.
Tania Harrison, curator of the Arts Arenas said: 'As we get closer and closer to the festival itself it's very exciting to announce the Literary Arena and the new additions to the already brilliantly packed programme.
'I'm always keen to present the best authors, speakers and brightest ideas in our Literary Arena.
'Every author who appears in this space joins a pretty auspicious roster of talent who have appeared in the arena before so the bar is set high.
'I'm very pleased that once again the arena is bursting with interesting new dialogue, debate and discussion. From the New Statesman panels featuring Andrew Marr, Kate Fox, Kate Mosse, Dr John Bullan, Owen Jones and more, to Hanif Kureishi's A Talk with the Audience on Creative Writing, to Frank Turner talking about his new book The Road Beneath My Feet to V&A presenting Savage Beauty - the awe inspiring Alexander McQueen exhibition - the Latitude audience will find something brilliant in the arena any of time of day.
- 1 Row erupts after dozens of trees aligning footpath chopped down
- 2 Hermes courier and his wife could be jailed over ‘stolen parcels’
- 3 Obituary: Tributes after 'heart-shaped hole' is left following teaching assistant's death
- 4 How Norfolk's current Covid figures compare to November 2020 lockdown
- 5 Winter Wonderland coming to park with ice slide, donkeys and reindeer
- 6 Panoramic views for every customer after award-winning restaurant's refurb
- 7 Christmas lights switch-on cancelled due to forecasted high winds
- 8 Norfolk boxer fined for exercising in Chapelfield Gardens during lockdown
- 9 Freezing cold temperatures could see snow in parts of Norfolk this weekend
- 10 Critics hope to deal significant blow to controversial NDR Western Link
'We are thrilled to be presenting a line up befitting of our 10th anniversary – it's set to be quite the Birthday Weekend.'
There will be a series of talks supported by scientific charitable foundation the Wellcome Trust including discussions on meditation and psychedelic drugs.
Latitude runs from July 16 to July 19 at Henham Park in Southwold.