Money talks at local financial seminar
- Credit: Archant
A local financial seminar hosted by Alan Boswell & Company the Financial Planning division of Alan Boswell Group, attracted over 100 guests from across East Anglia.
The company, one of the largest independent Financial Planners in the region, held the event as a thank you to their clients. The evening was hosted by Anglia news presenter Jonathan Wills and included a motivational speech by Sally Kettle, the first woman to row the Atlantic Ocean twice. Organised in conjunction with investment management firm, Brewin Dolphin, the seminar also provided clients with an assessment of the current international and UK economic conditions.
The event was held at the Top of the Terrace at Norwich City Football Club and promoted the work of local charity Big C, Alan Boswell Group's staff charity of the year. Guests heard first-hand about the work Big C do and the challenges of securing funding, in a speech from chair of cancer genetics, Colin Cooper who works with the charity. Attendees also helped raise further funds on the evening with a raffle. Top prizes donated by Alan Boswell & Company and Brewin Dolphin included football and theatre tickets, champagne, a hamper and signed NCFC shirt. Over the last decade the Alan Boswell Group has raised over £39K for Big C.
You may also want to watch:
John Whitehead, managing director of Alan Boswell & Company, said: ''We are proud to be able to host an event which supports a great cause such as Big C but also supports our clients with valuable information about the economic market conditions and what factors may affect their future investments.
- 1 A47 closed in both directions after crash
- 2 Part of seventh skeleton discovered in city street
- 3 Woman in her 20s among 31 Covid patients to die in five days at hospital
- 4 'I've lost my pension': Car collection destroyed by 'professional' vandal
- 5 Road through village closed by floodwater
- 6 Nurse's 'heartbreak' over hospital care as her father dies on Covid ward
- 7 Hotel 'nobody wants to buy' for sale as housing for £365,000
- 8 Armed police detain man after 18 hours of negotiations
- 9 Councillor 'incandescent' over second-home owners breaking Covid rules
- 10 Covid rips through care homes again with deaths almost doubling in a week
'It was extremely interesting to hear from Colin Cooper about the ground breaking research they are able to undertake in the fantastic facilities we have in Norfolk'.
Find out more about Alan Boswell & Company Financial Planners visit www.alanboswellgroup.com
Find out more about Brewin Dolphin www.brewin.co.uk
For more information on the Norfolk Chamber of Commerce and their business to business exhibition, visit www.edp24.co.uk/business/norfolk-chamber-of-commerce or www.norfolkchamber.co.uk.