Folkestone Invicta 2 Lowestoft Town 1: Late heartbreak for Blues
- Credit: Archant
Lowestoft Town suffered late heartbreak at high-flying Folkestone Invicta last night - after appearing to be on course for a morale-boosting win,
The Blues were leading 1-0 going into closing stages against their promotion-chasing hosts, only for goals from Joe Taylor (82) and Adam Yusuff (90) to turn the game on its head.
The Blues were under pressure for long periods but defended well and had got their noses in front a minute before the break through Harvey Hodd.
Lowestoft have now won just one of their last 16 games and are on a run of four straight defeats as they battle to avoid finishing bottom of the Bostik League Premier Division table and the relegation that goes with it. The only good news for the Blues was that basement side Burgess Hill also lost, 4-2 at Mertsham.
Lowestoft: Ware, Cole, Humphrey, Fisk, Marshall, McAuley, Zielonka, Melanson, Leacock, SChaar, Hodd. Subs: Machaya, Wren, Youngman, Langdale, Gillings.
- 1 Pub transformed into 'breathtaking' family home for sale for almost £1m
- 2 Delays expected with A47 to close in both directions for 15 miles
- 3 Man accidentally downloaded indecent images of children, court hears
- 4 Family 'increasingly concerned' about missing Beccles woman
- 5 Man had cocaine hidden in car when stopped by police
- 6 Norse chief executive quits for personal reasons
- 7 Here are the new Covid travel rules which begin today
- 8 Trains cancelled after lorry crashes into bridge
- 9 New Burger King site approved in city centre
- 10 Flood alert on the Broads due to high water levels