Folkestone Invicta 2 Lowestoft Town 1: Late heartbreak for Blues
- Credit: Archant
Lowestoft Town suffered late heartbreak at high-flying Folkestone Invicta last night - after appearing to be on course for a morale-boosting win,
The Blues were leading 1-0 going into closing stages against their promotion-chasing hosts, only for goals from Joe Taylor (82) and Adam Yusuff (90) to turn the game on its head.
The Blues were under pressure for long periods but defended well and had got their noses in front a minute before the break through Harvey Hodd.
Lowestoft have now won just one of their last 16 games and are on a run of four straight defeats as they battle to avoid finishing bottom of the Bostik League Premier Division table and the relegation that goes with it. The only good news for the Blues was that basement side Burgess Hill also lost, 4-2 at Mertsham.
You may also want to watch:
Lowestoft: Ware, Cole, Humphrey, Fisk, Marshall, McAuley, Zielonka, Melanson, Leacock, SChaar, Hodd. Subs: Machaya, Wren, Youngman, Langdale, Gillings.
- 1 Village care home confirms coronavirus outbreak
- 2 Town clerk sacked following months of controversy
- 3 'Sounded like my roof was coming off': RAF jet sonic boom heard over city
- 4 Extent of Norwich Prison Covid outbreak revealed
- 5 New drive-thru McDonald's to create 65 jobs
- 6 Flood alerts across Norfolk ahead of expected rain
- 7 Tributes to 'Winkle' - the legendary landlord who broke the mould
- 8 Couple sell pub with Nelson link after council stops dream project
- 9 Derelict pub on eyesore site could be turned into new Co-op store
- 10 Norwich sonic boom: RAF confirms jet 'inadvertently' caused bang over city