Lowestoft Players’ pantomime starts at Marina Theatre
THE songs have been perfected, the dances rehearsed and the costumes sewn ready for the opening performance of the Lowestoft Players' pantomime Cinderella tomorrow.
The award-winning theatre group is returning to the Marina Theatre and, in true Lowestoft pantomime tradition, it promises a show full of song, dance, spectacle and magic.
Director Stephen Wilson said: 'The Lowestoft Players pantomime is a tradition for many people in the area and Cinderella promises to be our best panto yet. With a magical transformation scene, an Olympic-inspired UV, the hilarious cabaret featuring characters' Buttons and the Ugly Sisters and that awe-inspiring ball gown.'
The family pantomime will be running for nine performances – tomorrow at 2.30pm and 7.30pm, Sunday at 1pm and 5.30pm, Thursday, January 26 at 7.30pm, Friday 27th at 7.30pm, Saturday 28th at 2.30pm and 7.30pm and Sunday 29th at 2.30pm.
The cast, which is made up of 16 company members, eight principals and 14 youngsters in Buttons' gang, will take audiences on a journey starting in Stoneybroke-on-the-Dole, from there whisking them away to castles, ballrooms, graveyards and fairyland, ending up with a very special wedding.
You may also want to watch:
As with all Lowestoft Players shows, the costumes and scenery are set to dazzle, with ball gowns, 28 dame's dresses, a sweeping staircase and Princess carriage Cinderella that will thrill audiences.
Tickets are very popular, with matinee performances filling up fast so audiences urged to book their seats sooner rather than later.
- 1 Man dies in hospital after fight near Norfolk pub
- 2 Huge seaside home with indoor pool for sale for £600,000
- 3 The Bill star reveals he has moved to Norfolk and why he loves it
- 4 Queues form at Norfolk petrol stations - despite reassurances over stock
- 5 Petrol stations close nationally as HGV driver crisis worsens
- 6 Spectacle of light with 'Norfolk's biggest ever firework display' announced
- 7 Some queues - but business largely as usual at Norfolk's petrol stations
- 8 SOLD! Royal Arcade goes for £2m MORE than guide price
- 9 How farm shop grew from honesty-box shed to £1.2m turnover
- 10 Delays on A47 after lorry overturns
Tickets are available from the Marina Theatre box office on 01502 533200 or for group bookings of 10 or more people call the special party bookings hotline on 01502 569730 or 01502 531279.
The Lowestoft Players will also be back at the Marina Theatre in May 2012, when they present the Rodgers and Hammerstein classic The Sound of Music, tickets for which are also on sale now. Information on the roles and auditions can also be found at www.lowestoftlayers.co.uk
To find out about forthcoming auditions and information on The Lowestoft Players become a fan at www.facebook.com/lowestoftplayers