Line-up announced for Halesworth’s Gig in the Park
Swedish sisters, Ska giants and a popular local charity band have been announced as the headliners for Halesworth's Gig in the Park.
The annual festival will this year welcome Baskery, The Beat and The Parkinsons Project on the main stage at the town's park.
Other confirmed acts for the festival, held from August 5-7, include The Dhol Foundation, Alien Frequencies, My Cheap Little Dictaphone and Hobo Jones and the Junkyard Dogs.
Gig in the Park has become a regular fixture on the festival circuit and this year it's opening night will be headlined by Baskery.
The Swedish sisters proved popular at last year's event, and Greta, Stella and Sunniva Bondesson will return to play their blues/southern rock style. They are currently in America as part of the SxSW showcase.
You may also want to watch:
Supporting them on the Friday night in Halesworth will be Belgian act My Cheap Little Dictaphone.
Their new album Tragic Tales of a Genius pays tribute to the Beach Boys' Brian Wilson and is the fourth to come from the ambitious indie-rock act.
- 1 Pedestrian dies after being hit by lorry on A47
- 2 Woman who died in A47 collision named
- 3 WATCH: Cars float on high tide in north Norfolk
- 4 Family's tribute to 'gentle giant' killed in A134 crash
- 5 Norfolk Broads boating holiday company named best in Britain
- 6 Former sixth form land could be divided up and sold
- 7 Major rush hour delays expected as crash involving lorry closes part of A47
- 8 Teacher who supported hundreds of children through education dies aged 67
- 9 54-home plan delayed due to 'nightmare' traffic concerns
- 10 Queen spends the night in hospital, Palace confirms
Saturday, August 6 will see The Beat headline. The band previously played in 2006 and their back catalogue includes hits Mirror in the Bathroom and Tears of a Clown. They will be supported by The Dhol Foundation, a drum institute that was involved in the opening of the Live Earth concert at Wembley stadium in 2007.
On Sunday the headline act will be The Parkinsons Project. The band started in 2008 when a collection of local musicians joined forces to raise money for the Parkinson's Disease Society. Three years later they have managed to raise over �7,500 through their music. They will be supported by Hillbilly Folk band Hobo Jones and the Junkyard.
Other acts announced include Alien Frequencies, Sam and Daisy, John Ward and Mario Price, and Robert Brown.