15 signs that you grew up in Norfolk
- Credit: Eastern Daily Press © 2011
When 'bootiful' is far from beautiful, your idea of a dual carriageway is the one at Ashmanhaugh, and you liked to go 'up Norwich', you must have grown up in Norfolk. Here are 15 dead giveaways.
1 - You've been crabbing off Cromer Pier
2 - You became a temporary Diss Town fan as they won the FA Vase in 1994
3 - You used to say "I'm going up Norwich" when hitting the city for a shopping trip. And it was a big event
4 - You miss the late, lamented - and uniquely bizarre - Great Yarmouth Waxworks
You may also want to watch:
5 - You've driven along the dual carriageway near Ashmanhaugh
6 - You are familiar with the works of Keith Skipper and Sid Kipper
- 1 'It's not even that short' - schoolboy, 14, put in isolation due to haircut
- 2 'Red-and-white spray paint doesn't count' - three danger lorries stopped
- 3 'We offered £20k over and still lost out': Frantic housing market revealed
- 4 Man denies causing death by careless driving on A47 in Norfolk
- 5 38 Norfolk schools and university named in students' accounts of sex abuse
- 6 Norfolk man found drunk at wheel twice in less than a month
- 7 Norfolk set for dry week with temperatures to rise
- 8 Why your phone might warn you of a 'terror attack' today
- 9 'Second time this year' - Armed police called to Norwich street
- 10 Two Norfolk restaurants in top five 'secret' places to eat on English coast
7 - You know what dwile flonking is
8 - You were secretly pleased that Norfolk had no decent roads linking it to the rest of England. It acted as a deterrent to "them outsiders"
9 - You had two days off school for the Royal Norfolk Show - but spent them on the beach or at the park
10 - When asked "where's Norfolk?" by the great uneducated, you responded with: "It's the bump"
11 - On the subject of bumps, you've climbed Beeston Bump (or Hill, as many call it) and taken in the amazing 360-degree view
12 - You went on a school trip to Blakeney Point and/or How Hill
13 - You found the Bernard Matthews "they're bootiful" adverts intensely embarrassing
14 - You remember Norfolk BB - Before Bypasses. Yes, the main road from Norwich to Cromer wriggled through the centre of Aylsham until about 40 years ago
15 - The smell of farms makes you feel at home.