Reader letter: What about wheelchair paths?
- Credit: Copyright Archant Norfolk.
Instead of spending all this money on cycle paths, when are we going to spend some on wheelchair paths?
When I take my mum out in her wheelchair we have to walk on the road to get past all the cars parked on the path.
We were nearly run over earlier this week as we tried to cross Thunder Lane in Thorpe St Andrew as you have to walk on the road to get past the cars parked on the path outside the hairdressers.
You cannot get back onto the pavement as the dropped kerb is round the corner on the main road.
You also have to avoid the hedges which are growing over the pavements.
You may also want to watch:
Poor old mum has had many a hedge hit her in the face so come on local councils, build us a wheelchair path with no obstacles and a nice level surface.
- 1 'An insult to the city': Couple ditch 'hellhole' hotel after 45 minutes
- 2 Hundreds give amazing send-off to well-loved supermarket worker
- 3 Former Norwich boxing champion banned from contacting ex-partner
- 4 Revealed: Norfolk's hotspots for Japanese Knotweed in 2021
- 5 Road cleared after overturned lorry on A47/A11 Thickthorn roundabout
- 6 Tractors and harvesters sold as farming family retires after 100 years
- 7 New Lidl stores to open in Norfolk and Waveney in £1.3bn expansion
- 8 Man arrested on suspicion of murder after woman found dead in flat
- 9 Matt Hancock faces calls to resign after allegation of affair with aide
- 10 Air ambulance called to person's aid in Dereham