Reader Letter: Why I’d vote to leave the EU again
- Credit: PA Wire/PA Images
One reader thinks voting leave was the right choice. Do you agree?
It is really quite refreshing to read letters supporting Brexit in your letters column. I fully agree with Joe Aldous of Cantley (EDP, July 3). Refreshing, that is from reading all the letters from Remoaners forecasting doom.
Who wants to be part of a group that refuses to have their accounts audited? When I heard that I thought it was time to get out. They obviously have something to hide. Who wants to be part of a group who overrides our laws? Another reason to leave.
When the EU was first formed it was all about the Common Market — free trade — an excellent idea, but since then these unelected bureaucrats have introduced other laws which we have to comply with and didn't sign up to.
When I visited Madeira a few years ago I was told that the excellent roads we were travelling on were the result of Portugal joining the EU. Roads that had been built using our money when we were suffering with the rubbish roads we had then and still have today.
You may also want to watch:
I feel it is totally out of order to keep paying the EU during this leaving period and still having to pay the extortionate amounts to them. Why we couldn't leave straight away I do not know.
I will say, however, that the leaving process seems to be dragging its heels and I have to question if Theresa May is the right person. I can't understand why the government can't work together as a team, not just the Conservatives but the whole government. And as for the Lords as far as I'm concerned the sooner they are abolished the better.
- 1 Vision for multi-million pound new Norwich venue revealed
- 2 Two city businesses on the move as mystery new tenant hovers
- 3 Norfolk cliffs fall man arrested on suspicion of murder released on bail
- 4 Be lord of the manor: Site of forgotten mansion for sale for £2.3m
- 5 'People didn't know I existed' - Shopkeeper thrilled with new store
- 6 Scams in Norfolk this week: Hermes texts and electricity boxes
- 7 Norfolk-based Rick Wakeman 'stunned and proud' after being made a CBE
- 8 Volunteer hit with £100 parking fee while collecting food for needy
- 9 Police reopen road following earlier crash
- 10 Ask the Expert: How much income will my £350,000 pension generate?
I voted out then and I would definitely vote out again if it ever came to another referendum.
Do you agree with our reader? Let us know in the comments below or write to us at email@example.com