Reader Letter: Westlegate - what a waste of money
- Credit: Copyright: Archant 2016
Regarding Westlegate — what a waste of three million pounds.
A vast open space with different types of paving slabs, there is less greenery now than before.
It's lost its atmosphere.
Why do cars still drive down Westlegate?
I've heard people say they've dug it up and put it back again as it was.
You may also want to watch:
Since Ber Street became a bypass, with the loss of parking spaces and speeding traffic, especially at night times, life for those of us living there has changed not for the better.
K Buxton, Ber Street, Norwich
- 1 'I can't carry it' - Shock as plant starts growing eight inches a day
- 2 Aldi planning four new stores in Norfolk
- 3 Bungling car thieves dump £92,000 Range Rover
- 4 Body found in search for missing 87-year-old Margaret Smith
- 5 Woman hit with £900 vet bill after dog gets 'stoned' on park cannabis stash
- 6 Potential for 30C today – but two days of thunderstorms on the way
- 7 Excitement as city pub reopens after 18-month closure
- 8 Norwich bar gets back licence after tearful appeal by owner
- 9 Holiday homes bid for site of former landmark hotel
- 10 Two Norfolk businesses star in TV show