Reader Letter: Norfolk and Norwich Hospital is not this bad
- Credit: PA
One reader thinks that the local hospital may have received an unfair inspection rating. What do you think?
I am dismayed that the Norfolk and Norwich University Hospital has been put into special measures.
I heard the Chief Executive Mark Davis talking on the radio and my heart went out to him. I believe him when he says that he would be very happy for any family member to be treated at the hospital.
To me it seems all about the paperwork and people waiting in corridors. I'm sure there are other issues but to be put into special measures, surely not!
The inspectors talked about the hospital not being safe — Mark Davis explained there had not been a case of MRSA at the hospital for two years. The mortality rate at the hospital is the lowest in Norfolk.
You may also want to watch:
I only hope that the morale of the excellent staff at the hospital will not plummet to an all-time low due to this, in my opinion, unfair inspection result.
Do you agree with our reader? Let us know in the comments below or write to us at firstname.lastname@example.org
- 1 Teenage boy found a week after being reported missing
- 2 School apologises for uniform advice wording after sexism claims
- 3 38 Norfolk schools and university named in students' accounts of sex abuse
- 4 Two Norfolk restaurants in top five 'secret' places to eat on English coast
- 5 Man denies causing death by careless driving on A47 in Norfolk
- 6 WATCH: Heron patiently waits for fish and chips
- 7 A47 driver stopped in smashed up Vauxhall and failed drug test
- 8 'We offered £20k over and still lost out': Frantic housing market revealed
- 9 Canaries closing in on new shirt sponsor
- 10 Prince William, George and Charlotte start races at Sandringham