Reader Letter: Thanks to the N&N for brilliant care of my husband following a stroke
- Credit: Evening News � 2009
Recently my husband suffered a stroke. Fortunately I was aware of the signs and immediately dialled 999.
The paramedic arrived while I was still describing his symptoms to the operator and shortly after the ambulance crew arrived and the stretcher/trolley was down the hall before I had even regained my wits.
He was taken to the NNUH where his early treatment surely prevented him having a far worse effect from the stroke.
The subsequent treatment and care on the ward was amazing, so much so that he was released after only three days.
Physiotherapy was put in place at home immediately and he is on the mend.
I am so grateful for all the help from the start to the present of this situation and, it looks like, maybe, the future from all the members of the NHS, many of whose names I do not know or cannot remember.
Their help and concern was exemplary. Thank you all so much.
- 1 ‘Porn addict’ Norfolk doctor who secretly filmed women struck off
- 2 Rare insect spotted in Norfolk for first time in nearly 100 years
- 3 5 famous faces who were born in King's Lynn
- 4 Norwich street named one of the most beautiful in the world
- 5 Mystery of container ships at anchor off Suffolk coast solved
- 6 Norfolk fish and chip shop named one of the 10 best in the UK
- 7 Woman’s death prompts ‘significant dangers’ warning over A11 cycle races
- 8 Seven people arrested after 50 vehicles stopped by police at Thickthorn
- 9 Norfolk start-up taking on retail giant Amazon
- 10 Vandals smash charity dinosaur trail T.rex and leave kebab in its mouth
Ann Kellett, Eglington Mews, Norwich