Reader Letter: Thanks to the N&N for brilliant care of my husband following a stroke
- Credit: Evening News � 2009
Recently my husband suffered a stroke. Fortunately I was aware of the signs and immediately dialled 999.
The paramedic arrived while I was still describing his symptoms to the operator and shortly after the ambulance crew arrived and the stretcher/trolley was down the hall before I had even regained my wits.
He was taken to the NNUH where his early treatment surely prevented him having a far worse effect from the stroke.
The subsequent treatment and care on the ward was amazing, so much so that he was released after only three days.
Physiotherapy was put in place at home immediately and he is on the mend.
You may also want to watch:
I am so grateful for all the help from the start to the present of this situation and, it looks like, maybe, the future from all the members of the NHS, many of whose names I do not know or cannot remember.
Their help and concern was exemplary. Thank you all so much.
- 1 Body found in search for missing 87-year-old Margaret Smith
- 2 'I can't carry it' - Shock as plant starts growing eight inches a day
- 3 WATCH: 'Selfish' drug-driver ploughs into police detective's vehicle
- 4 Norfolk man who had sexual relationship with teen jailed
- 5 Two Norfolk businesses star in TV show
- 6 Fly-tipper travelled from Welsh border to dump in Norfolk
- 7 Aldi planning four new stores in Norfolk
- 8 The Range confirms new store at former Outfit on retail park
- 9 Funeral held for much loved windsurfer after body found in Sweden
- 10 Man charged with attempted murder after serious Norwich assault
Ann Kellett, Eglington Mews, Norwich