Reader letter: Tail-gating is unacceptable
- Credit: PA
I have committed some speeding offences in my time, mainly for doing just over 30mph - including one in one of the temporary limits in the Northern Distributor works. I hold my hand up to these, but I still try hard (obviously not hard enough!).
However, one thing really gets to me, and that is people driving threateningly close behind me.
Recently I was driving towards Salhouse, had reduced speed at Thorpe End and again when the limit drops to 20mph. Suddenly this car charges past me — I dread to think how fast — practically disappearing from my sight in seconds.
Why do people like him/her never get caught?
I'm writing this in the hopes he/she reads it and feels just a little ashamed — after all, we'd all like to be able to go faster!
You may also want to watch:
Thorpe Avenue, Norwich.
- 1 Vision for multi-million pound new Norwich venue revealed
- 2 Murder investigation launched after woman found dead following house fire
- 3 11 Norfolk cafés perfect for outdoor dining
- 4 Police reopen road following earlier crash
- 5 Child taken to hospital after being pulled from the sea
- 6 Thieves swam across river to steal paddleboards from new firm
- 7 Be lord of the manor: Site of forgotten mansion for sale for £2.3m
- 8 Murdered Norfolk mum's bravery has helped family through their darkest days
- 9 Oh deer! Muntjac escorted out of Tesco after sprinting into bakery
- 10 Two city businesses on the move as mystery new tenant hovers