Reader Letter: Remove greenery to make room for more cars at the Norfolk and Norwich University Hospital
My heart was filled with joy when I read (August 28) that the Norfolk and Norwich University Hospital was finally addressing their long standing parking problem.
I was slightly less joyful when it became clear their chosen option of a multi-storey car park would actually create new problems.
Relocating the emergency helicopter's landing site to Norwich airport is utter madness, and I can't believe they are even considering such an option.
As usual, 'experts' have chosen to ignore the simplest, cheapest, quickest option to declutter the existing car parks, currently home to more trees and shrubs than cars.
I estimate there is room for at least an additional 200 parking spaces within the current boundaries.
You may also want to watch:
They can't say this solution hadn't occurred to them, because I suggested it 18 months ago, and not only is it the easiest, cheapest and quickest option, but it wouldn't create any new problems.
Mr Jon Sell, Mill View Close, Mundesley
- 1 Body found in search for missing 87-year-old Margaret Smith
- 2 'I can't carry it' - Shock as plant starts growing eight inches a day
- 3 WATCH: 'Selfish' drug-driver ploughs into police detective's vehicle
- 4 Norfolk man who had sexual relationship with teen jailed
- 5 Two Norfolk businesses star in TV show
- 6 Fly-tipper travelled from Welsh border to dump in Norfolk
- 7 Aldi planning four new stores in Norfolk
- 8 The Range confirms new store at former Outfit on retail park
- 9 Funeral held for much loved windsurfer after body found in Sweden
- 10 Man charged with attempted murder after serious Norwich assault