Reader letter: Who is running our court shambles?
- Credit: Copyright: Archant 2016
May I enquire which circus performer is currently in charge of our County Court system? I can only assume it's the clown and not the juggler!
My company has been seeking redress on a debt from an erstwhile customer.
We have had two court dates and two cancellations. We had assurances that our case would be 'prioritised' as it had been cancelled twice.
Priority apparently means a date in May 2019. In the meantime we have incurred significant legal fees in preparation of the case. Where is the justice in that?
The whole system is being 'centralised' we are told and is likely to be in a state of flux and chaos for up to two years.
You may also want to watch:
If the Conservatives really are the 'party of business' can I suggest they address this sorry state of affairs and appoint a 'ring master' specifically to speed up the performance.
- 1 Man jailed for seven years over coercive behaviour which left victim 'shattered'
- 2 Six new coronavirus deaths confirmed at Norfolk hospital
- 3 Nine Norfolk schools closed or partly shut due to Covid-19 cases
- 4 'Rare' Norfolk vicarage goes up for sale for £1.1m
- 5 Flood alerts in place across Norfolk
- 6 Fears loss of Arcadia group could have significant impact on Norfolk high streets
- 7 Open all hours? Retailers say no thanks to 24/7 shopping
- 8 Seafront flats plan set for go ahead
- 9 Fresh calls for Norfolk to move to tier one ahead of key Commons vote
- 10 Cannabis factory discovered after police called to burglary