READER LETTER: The council need to do something about the ice
- Credit: Nick Butcher
One reader says that something should be done about dangerous icy conditions in their town.
It is so nice to see that with the first flurries of snow and ice Breckland Council are consistent in their treatment of pavements, or the lack of it.
Watton surgery is built with a slope on the approach and it is very dangerous to anyone, especially the mobility impaired.
Is it too much to expect that when we do get even the smallest amount of ice, they cannot arrange a man or lady with a bucket of sand to alleviate this problem?
In retrospect, building the health centre at the bottom of a slope was not the wisest thing to do.
You may also want to watch:
With the growing number of older patients it might be the cause of increasing the number of patients, which I am sure the medical centre can do without.
You can write to us at email@example.com
- 1 'I can't carry it' - Shock as plant starts growing eight inches a day
- 2 Aldi planning four new stores in Norfolk
- 3 Body found in search for missing 87-year-old Margaret Smith
- 4 Bungling car thieves dump £92,000 Range Rover
- 5 Woman hit with £900 vet bill after dog gets 'stoned' on park cannabis stash
- 6 Two Norfolk businesses star in TV show
- 7 Potential for 30C today – but two days of thunderstorms on the way
- 8 Excitement as city pub reopens after 18-month closure
- 9 Holiday homes bid for site of former landmark hotel
- 10 Fly-tipper travelled from Welsh border to dump in Norfolk