READER LETTER: The council need to do something about the ice
- Credit: Nick Butcher
One reader says that something should be done about dangerous icy conditions in their town.
It is so nice to see that with the first flurries of snow and ice Breckland Council are consistent in their treatment of pavements, or the lack of it.
Watton surgery is built with a slope on the approach and it is very dangerous to anyone, especially the mobility impaired.
Is it too much to expect that when we do get even the smallest amount of ice, they cannot arrange a man or lady with a bucket of sand to alleviate this problem?
In retrospect, building the health centre at the bottom of a slope was not the wisest thing to do.
With the growing number of older patients it might be the cause of increasing the number of patients, which I am sure the medical centre can do without.
You can write to us at email@example.com
- 1 Crumbling coast fear means Norfolk's 'golf ball' radar must be moved
- 2 DVLA issues urgent warning to drivers in UK
- 3 Pub gets dozens of calls asking - 'Do you know there's a dog on your roof?'
- 4 City chip shop might be SINKING but refuses to close
- 5 Rare insect spotted in Norfolk for first time in nearly 100 years
- 6 Yobs pictured climbing on vandalised charity dinosaur
- 7 Seaside Victorian B&B for sale near 'best beach in the east'
- 8 The days you can visit Wroxham Barns for a fiver this month
- 9 Best friends take over popular café in 'just heavenly' setting
- 10 'Unusual' cottage for sale in one of Norfolk's smuggling villages