Reader letter: ‘Out’ isn’t hard to comprehend
- Credit: Archant
This reader believes when it comes to leaving the EU out means out.
Ray Philpott (EDP, December 24) asks why there is such a huge amount of resistance for a second referendum and suggests we are afraid of true democracy.
The outcome of no election in the last 100 years or more has been decided purely on facts and how they are presented and I'm pretty sure Leavers and Remainers both had misgivings about the 'facts' bring presented to support their arguments.
If we allow a second vote to take place after the first one was won by the Brexiteers, we open Pandora's box for everyone to demand a second or third bite of any political cherry. We are doomed.
Any election manifesto will contain inaccuracies, exaggerations, lies, and aspirational twaddle and if we follow Mr Philpott's logic we should be entitled to a re-election if any elected government can be shown to have failed on any count.
You may also want to watch:
The referendum question was in or out. There were no qualifying clauses or 'what ifs' … it was black and white.
The majority democratically voted to leave and just because you weren't on the winning side this time it doesn't mean you have an option to demand another go or even 'best of three'. We are leaving the EU because that is what the majority voted for … out means out! Comprende?
- 1 PE teacher banned after getting drunk and showing her breasts at school prom
- 2 Welcome to our new website
- 3 Would you know what to do if your car hit a deer?
- 4 What was ‘strange stretched circle’ spotted over Norfolk skies?
- 5 Whale washes up off Norfolk coast
- 6 MPs call for Norfolk to be in own coronavirus tier
- 7 Encouraging signs as Covid infection rates plummet in parts of Norfolk
- 8 Plea for help to trace missing heavily pregnant woman
- 9 Four men caught at £2m Norfolk cannabis factory
- 10 More than 50 pupils sent home after student tests positive