Reader Letter: Dog’s plight made me weep
- Credit: Archant
One reader thinks there should be serious consequences for those who abuse animals. What do you think?
Reading the Evening News (July 9) it broke my heart and yes, I cried, to see the picture and story about that poor injured dog found in Norwich.
I wonder, considering the dreadful state it was in, how many people had passed it by, until that one kind person reported it and was told to take it to the vets and then to another to give it some hope and comfort.
Sadly nothing it seems could be done so sadly it had to be put to sleep. At least the poor dog is out of its pain and misery.
I hope the person or persons who caused the dreadful injuries are found. Someone must know who once owned the poor dog and will have the courage to say who did it.
You may also want to watch:
There is so much cruelty towards animals and owners of 'so-called' pets who ill treat them should be punished and not just get a slap of the wrist.
To the good person who helped that poor dog, I say thank you.
- 1 Body found in search for missing 87-year-old Margaret Smith
- 2 'I can't carry it' - Shock as plant starts growing eight inches a day
- 3 WATCH: 'Selfish' drug-driver ploughs into police detective's vehicle
- 4 Norfolk man who had sexual relationship with teen jailed
- 5 Two Norfolk businesses star in TV show
- 6 Fly-tipper travelled from Welsh border to dump in Norfolk
- 7 Aldi planning four new stores in Norfolk
- 8 The Range confirms new store at former Outfit on retail park
- 9 Funeral held for much loved windsurfer after body found in Sweden
- 10 Man charged with attempted murder after serious Norwich assault
Do you agree with our reader? Let us know in the comments below or write to us at email@example.com