Your chance to own a part of the Dial House in Reepham
- Credit: Archant
A major property project is under way at the Dial House in Reepham to create new guest rooms and new homes.
Iain Wilson is at the helm of a massive challenge not only to restore the original period building but also renovate it, create new homes from it as well as build from scratch properties adjoining the plot.
The work is being carried out by his newly formed development company, Wilson Development Ltd and these are the people behind the creation of Byfords and The Kings Head in Holt, The Pigs, Edgefield, and part owners of The Assembly House, Norwich.
Following years of helping create hospitality experiences and luxury hotel bedrooms, the development of the Dial House sees the firm move into residential houses of an aspirational nature.
To recap, the property was purchased in November 2013 and following six months of consultation and planning, work started in April 2014 to create a unique development including: a quirky restaurant where 'everything is for sale' including home made food and the furniture, luxury bedrooms and 17 quality houses.
Now, 18 months on we find eight luxury bedrooms on the theme of the Georgian Grand Tour and six completed houses with several of the new builds well under way.
The rooms in the main building, where you can stay, take their inspiration from different cities or countries. So you have a real taste of the Orient, for example, in the China room, beautifully furnished in blue silks and the most gorgeous wallpaper and blue china adorning the walls.
- 1 WATCH: Shock for drivers as car goes the wrong way on A47
- 2 Murder jury hears how 'angry' father ran over teenage daughter
- 3 Vicar at heart of bitter church row resigns
- 4 Norfolk festival cancelled amid 'challenging year'
- 5 Most desirable places to live in Norfolk according to estate agents
- 6 Festival-goers 'in the dark' over refunds following cancellation
- 7 Gallery of pictures from the Royal Norfolk Show's first day
- 8 Five-bed farmhouse with attached orchard and glamping site for sale
- 9 Fears access road for new housing will be built on sacred land
- 10 Revealed: The most isolated neighbourhoods in Norfolk
Then there is Paris, France and Africa...each room is creative beyond belief, a real joy to see. What Mr Wilson does really well is add all the necessary contemporary touches where needed such as gorgeous en suites and bath tubs.
The result is utterly luxurious but paying homage to the past on a fun theme.
But, if you fancy actually living there, you can because the houses for sale are a mix of conversions of listed buildings and new builds.
The start of October will bring Phase 1 to an end and completion of the six conversions.
Phase 2, the creation of seven new build homes is well under way with completion next March.
To date five of the six conversions have sold, and two of the new builds.