Your chance to own a part of the Dial House in Reepham
- Credit: Archant
A major property project is under way at the Dial House in Reepham to create new guest rooms and new homes.
Iain Wilson is at the helm of a massive challenge not only to restore the original period building but also renovate it, create new homes from it as well as build from scratch properties adjoining the plot.
The work is being carried out by his newly formed development company, Wilson Development Ltd and these are the people behind the creation of Byfords and The Kings Head in Holt, The Pigs, Edgefield, and part owners of The Assembly House, Norwich.
Following years of helping create hospitality experiences and luxury hotel bedrooms, the development of the Dial House sees the firm move into residential houses of an aspirational nature.
To recap, the property was purchased in November 2013 and following six months of consultation and planning, work started in April 2014 to create a unique development including: a quirky restaurant where 'everything is for sale' including home made food and the furniture, luxury bedrooms and 17 quality houses.
You may also want to watch:
Now, 18 months on we find eight luxury bedrooms on the theme of the Georgian Grand Tour and six completed houses with several of the new builds well under way.
The rooms in the main building, where you can stay, take their inspiration from different cities or countries. So you have a real taste of the Orient, for example, in the China room, beautifully furnished in blue silks and the most gorgeous wallpaper and blue china adorning the walls.
- 1 Body found in search for missing 87-year-old Margaret Smith
- 2 'I can't carry it' - Shock as plant starts growing eight inches a day
- 3 WATCH: 'Selfish' drug-driver ploughs into police detective's vehicle
- 4 Norfolk man who had sexual relationship with teen jailed
- 5 Two Norfolk businesses star in TV show
- 6 Fly-tipper travelled from Welsh border to dump in Norfolk
- 7 The Range confirms new store at former Outfit on retail park
- 8 Funeral held for much loved windsurfer after body found in Sweden
- 9 Family's distress as Covid rules force double-jabbed mother into isolation
- 10 Man charged with attempted murder after serious Norwich assault
Then there is Paris, France and Africa...each room is creative beyond belief, a real joy to see. What Mr Wilson does really well is add all the necessary contemporary touches where needed such as gorgeous en suites and bath tubs.
The result is utterly luxurious but paying homage to the past on a fun theme.
But, if you fancy actually living there, you can because the houses for sale are a mix of conversions of listed buildings and new builds.
The start of October will bring Phase 1 to an end and completion of the six conversions.
Phase 2, the creation of seven new build homes is well under way with completion next March.
To date five of the six conversions have sold, and two of the new builds.