See inside this 'chocolate box' cottage for sale near Norfolk Broads
- Credit: Michael Palmer, Image Quest Photography/Fine & Country
A 'chocolate box' thatched cottage situated on the edge of a rural Broadland village has come up for sale - and it's surprisingly spacious.
The four-bedroom property in Neatishead is for sale with Fine & Country for offers over £550,000. Known as The Gables, it enjoys plenty of character, wonderful rural views and easy access to the Norfolk Broads, as well as a good-sized garden and surprisingly spacious reception rooms.
Highlights include a country-style breakfast kitchen, ground-floor en suite double bedroom and a characterful sitting room.
The oldest part of the property is the dining room, which is thought to date back to 1700 and can comfortably seat
There is also a conservatory, which is heated and offers lovely views over the gardens, as well as a shower room and a south-facing study.
Upstairs there are three good-sized double bedrooms, including the master with en suite bathroom.
The gardens can be accessed from several areas of the cottage, something of an unusual feature for a property
of this style. The main part of the garden is south-facing and well-stocked and includes a number of fruit trees and
There is also a shed, which has power and light, plus a generous double garage and plenty of parking on the driveway.
- 1 Carriageway of A11 closed after air ambulance called to crash
- 2 Drink driving teacher crashed into church wall with baby in car
- 3 Michael Bublé concert bans chairs and blankets from gig
- 4 Man dies after collapsing during dog walk in Norfolk village
- 5 7 of the prettiest villages in north Norfolk
- 6 Norwich Airport TUI flight delayed by 42 hours
- 7 Fire crews called to vehicle blaze on A47
- 8 A47 reopens after serious crash near Swaffham
- 9 11 indulgent spa getaways in East Anglia
- 10 Long-delayed wedding finally takes place... in 1941
Water Lane, Neatishead
Offers over £550,000
Fine & Country, 01603 221888, www.fineandcountry.com