Take a look inside Wymondham’s Abbey Lodge - on sale for £875,000
- Credit: Archant
Property editor Caroline Culot revisits a pretty house in the centre of Wymondham four years after it last came on the market.
It was August 2012 when David Warner showed me around Abbey Lodge which sits at the end of Church street with the most fabulous country setting which includes looking out towards Wymondham Abbey.
At the time it was in need of renovation but oozed potential because of its super symmetrical period front and its location.
It also boasted a very interesting history. Originally built in 1828 by the Reverend Papillon for his own occupation, the property backs into the trust owned meadow land that surrounds both the current abbey and much of the ancient ruins.
More recently the property has had royal connections being the home of the late Lady Patricia Tetley, a first cousin of the Queen, who resided quietly at Abbey Lodge until April 1995.
You may also want to watch:
Now it has been transformed inside and out and those empty, near derilect rooms are now superb with blinds at the windows and looking every inch a luxurious family home. Inside is a large kitchen/ breakfast room, a sitting room and dining room as well as a utility and four bedrooms including an attic room with an en suite.
Outside what was quite an overgrown garden is now very smart including a raised terrace at the rear, a separate coach house and plenty of parking.
- 1 Machinery sale marks end of family's 100-year farming history
- 2 You can run, Mr Hancock, but you can't hide
- 3 Rare condition kills 'amazing' lorry driver
- 4 Dutch design could inspire revamp of danger roundabout
- 5 'More like March' - So when will we get the sunshine back?
- 6 Two Norfolk restaurants in top five 'secret' places to eat on English coast
- 7 Prince William, George and Charlotte start races at Sandringham
- 8 'Fantastic to have people back' - Tea room reopens on Broads
- 9 McDonald's hiring in Norfolk and plans new restaurants
- 10 Popular restaurant to reopen after staffing issues
• Abbey Lodge is for sale for £875,000 with Warners on 01953 604431