Take a look inside Sunrays in Sheringham - on sale for £750,000
- Credit: Archant
Property editor Caroline Culot went to visit Sunrays, Holt Road, for sale for £750,000 with Watsons Period & Prestige.
Sunrays in Sheringham really lived up to its name on the day I visited. This is a large, sunny Arts and Crafts house, built in 1922 and typifying the period of architecture with its herringbone brickwork, leaded lattic windows, single storey bay windows and brass door handles.
I love this style of house with its exposed beams and brick fireplaces, and take a look at the different style and shape of its chimneys.
This particular house was actually built by the Upcher family who also developed Sheringham Hall and its park. It was also lived in by a Lady Bute who created the beautiful landscaped gardens at the rear.
The house stands in just under one third of an acre with sea views from its first floor. It has been run as a successful bed and breakfast location with six bedrooms, all of which are doubles. Four are in the main house, three with en suites and a family bathroom and two are in an annexe created from half of the original garage; both again are doubles with en-suite shower rooms.
Downstairs in the main house is a superb drawing room with an original fireplace, bay window and exposed ceiling timbers echoed in the interestingly-shaped dining room. These two reception rooms, along with the reception hall, have oak flooring throughout, whilst beyond is a spacious and modern kitchen/breakfast room with a range of appliances and a gas Aga.
Outside you have a series of levels with an expansive terrace adjoining the house with a lawn and summer house beyond and a pond and tiered decked area at the top of the garden.
- 1 Café serving produce fresh from its farm opens in north Norfolk
- 2 Flames grip barn in north Norfolk
- 3 West Norfolk town centre road closed following two-vehicle crash
- 4 Fewer than half of village's homes occupied by full-time residents
- 5 Norfolk fish and chip shop named one of the 10 best in the UK
- 6 The Tik-Tok trend putting cinemas at potential risk
- 7 'Quirky' two-bed cottage in Wymondham on sale for £350k
- 8 7 major events to look forward to in Norfolk in July
- 9 Referendum to be held over future development in village
- 10 Some firefighters using foodbanks amid £18m payroll system 'farce'
• Sunrays, Holt road is for sale for £750,000 with Watsons Period & Prestige on 01603 619916.