Take a look inside Sunrays in Sheringham - on sale for £750,000
- Credit: Archant
Property editor Caroline Culot went to visit Sunrays, Holt Road, for sale for £750,000 with Watsons Period & Prestige.
Sunrays in Sheringham really lived up to its name on the day I visited. This is a large, sunny Arts and Crafts house, built in 1922 and typifying the period of architecture with its herringbone brickwork, leaded lattic windows, single storey bay windows and brass door handles.
I love this style of house with its exposed beams and brick fireplaces, and take a look at the different style and shape of its chimneys.
This particular house was actually built by the Upcher family who also developed Sheringham Hall and its park. It was also lived in by a Lady Bute who created the beautiful landscaped gardens at the rear.
The house stands in just under one third of an acre with sea views from its first floor. It has been run as a successful bed and breakfast location with six bedrooms, all of which are doubles. Four are in the main house, three with en suites and a family bathroom and two are in an annexe created from half of the original garage; both again are doubles with en-suite shower rooms.
You may also want to watch:
Downstairs in the main house is a superb drawing room with an original fireplace, bay window and exposed ceiling timbers echoed in the interestingly-shaped dining room. These two reception rooms, along with the reception hall, have oak flooring throughout, whilst beyond is a spacious and modern kitchen/breakfast room with a range of appliances and a gas Aga.
Outside you have a series of levels with an expansive terrace adjoining the house with a lawn and summer house beyond and a pond and tiered decked area at the top of the garden.
- 1 Dutch design could inspire revamp of danger roundabout
- 2 Warning over 'Amazon' cold call recordings scam in Norfolk
- 3 Machinery sale marks end of family's 100-year farming history
- 4 Pub has to close indefinitely as town cleans up after floods
- 5 Two Norfolk restaurants in top five 'secret' places to eat on English coast
- 6 You can run, Mr Hancock, but you can't hide
- 7 Farke on his contract situation at City
- 8 'Max Factor lady' - Tributes to adored gran who died in M11 layby
- 9 'Oh no, not another one' - lake drowning triggers soul-searching over safety
- 10 'More like March' - So when will we get the sunshine back?
• Sunrays, Holt road is for sale for £750,000 with Watsons Period & Prestige on 01603 619916.