Stibbard development is withdrawn
- Credit: Archant
Villagers claimed plans to build 11 homes on land off Guist Bottom Road would change the face of the village.
They vowed to campaign against the appliocation at a packed public meeting three weeks ago.
But today North Norfolk District Council confirmed that the application by farmer James Ashworth had been withdrawn.
Mr Ashworth wanted to build five houses and six affordable homes on a paddock near the village hall.
In his application, his agent stated other sites in the village had been ruled out.
You may also want to watch:
- 1 'An insult to the city': Couple ditch 'hellhole' hotel after 45 minutes
- 2 Road cleared after overturned lorry on A47/A11 Thickthorn roundabout
- 3 Travellers camped at garden centre car park
- 4 Former Norwich boxing champion banned from contacting ex-partner
- 5 Hundreds give amazing send-off to well-loved supermarket worker
- 6 Man arrested on suspicion of murder after woman found dead in flat
- 7 New Lidl stores to open in Norfolk and Waveney in £1.3bn expansion
- 8 Historic railway platform building could be demolished in station revamp
- 9 Ex-head charged with sex attacks on boys at Norfolk school
- 10 RSPCA shop loses more than £1,000 after 'slamming scam'