Public’s chance to voice opinions on Trowse housing plans
People living in Trowse will have a chance tomorrow to speak to those behind a potential housing development in the village.
Developers are proposing new houses for the current site of the YMCA, off Hudson Avenue, which could see it moved to new premises.
A public consultation session will be held tomorrow evening, where developers will explain their vision for the area and residents can voice their opinions.
District councillor Trevor Lewis, who represents Trowse on South Norfolk Council, said villagers were worried about the 'tortuous' access to the site along narrow roads, and capacity at the Trowse Primary School.
The additional impact of up to 600 new homes at the Deal and May Gurney sites between Trowse and Norwich have raised worries among villagers, he said, adding: 'Trowse is a village and I think people want to keep it as that, not just a suburb of Norwich.'
Up to 250 homes could be built on the YMCA site and surrounding land, known as the Arminghall Settlement, and the Norfolk Homes site off White Horse Lane, after South Norfolk designated the village as a preferred site for housing.
Planning applications have not yet been submitted, but are expected soon.
- 1 Murder jury hears how 'angry' father ran over teenage daughter
- 2 Most desirable places to live in Norfolk according to estate agents
- 3 Festival-goers 'in the dark' over refunds following cancellation
- 4 WATCH: Shock for drivers as car goes the wrong way on A47
- 5 Revealed: The most isolated neighbourhoods in Norfolk
- 6 Person injured and road blocked after north Norfolk crash
- 7 Norfolk festival cancelled amid 'challenging year'
- 8 Fears access road for new housing will be built on sacred land
- 9 New sites for gypsies and travellers proposed in Norwich area
- 10 Sign of the times: After 187 years jeweller Winsor Bishop changes name
The public consultation will take place at the YMCA, The Street, Trowse, between 5pm and 8.30pm on Friday.
Comments can be sent to email@example.com or posted to La Ronde Wright, 4 The Close, Norwich NR1 4DH.