Proposals for 800 homes in Cringleford set for approval
- Credit: Mike Page Photography
Proposals for 800 homes on the south-western outskirts of Norwich are recommended for approval at a meeting next week.
Outline planning permission is being sought by Barratt Eastern Counties and the John Innes Foundation for the development at Newfound Farm, Colney Lane in Cringleford.
The proposals also include a new primary school with early years facility, a small local centre, public recreational open space, allotments and community woodland. Some of the new homes would be available as affordable housing.
Cringleford has been earmarked for an extra 1,200 homes by 2026 in Greater Norwich Development Partnership's Joint Core Strategy, but an application for about 400 homes in the parish was refused in August.
The new application, which is for the remaining 800 of the 1,200 homes, is set for approval, subject to conditions, at South Norfolk Council's special meeting of the development management committee at 2.30pm on Wednesday, October 22.
You may also want to watch:
A spokesman for Cringleford Parish Council said it would not be commenting on the plans until next week.
The site currently comprises a mixture of arable and pasture land, partially enclosed by hedgerows and a small block of woodland.
- 1 Woman sexually assaulted in Norwich
- 2 Family told baby with half a working heart has weeks to live
- 3 Woman on soft-food diet 'forever' after attack by kick-boxer partner
- 4 Two city businesses on the move as mystery new tenant hovers
- 5 Norfolk-based Rick Wakeman 'stunned and proud' after being made a CBE
- 6 Police seal off building site in Norwich
- 7 Pub hands out free ice creams during road collision traffic jam
- 8 Vision for multi-million pound new Norwich venue revealed
- 9 Left-back seals permanent Canaries exit
- 10 Norfolk cliffs fall man arrested on suspicion of murder released on bail
What do you think of the proposals? Email firstname.lastname@example.org
• Are you looking for a new home? Visit www.homes24.co.uk online.