TV’s Linda Barker to design new luxury lodges just given the go-ahead on Mundesley clifftop
TV celebrity Linda Barker is to design eight new holiday lodges just given planning permission.
TV's Linda Barker will be involved in designing the interiors of eight new luxury clifftop lodges just given planning permission to go ahead at Mundesley Holiday Village.
Timothy Hay, the owner of the park, said he was delighted with the planning decision and said renowned interior designer Linda Barker from BBC's Changing Rooms and a former contestant on ITV's I'm a Celebrity, Get Me Out of Here, will be designing some of the lodges.
Mr Hay said: 'I am delighted with the progress we are making here at Mundesley Holiday Village, both in terms of the refurbishment of the accommodation from tired old chalets into superb new designer lodges, but also with the rental market. We were fully booked throughout the summer, and Hoseasons have done a fantastic job for us in renting the lodges and bungalows out.
'The new lodges with hot tubs have been extremely popular.'
He added: 'Mundesley has one of the best beaches in the UK, and is going from strength to strength. The new spa and gym opens this month, which I am looking forward. Having someone of Linda Barker's calibre involved in the design of the lodges will see new concepts and bring in a wider audience to view our product.
- 1 Woman in her 20s dies in A47 crash
- 2 The school where boys can wear skirts - but not shorts
- 3 Woman in her 50s who died in A11 crash named locally
- 4 Redundancy leads to Norfolk mum earning up to £3,000 a month
- 5 Train travellers set for another weekend of rail disruption
- 6 Woman in serious condition in hospital after crash between two cars and van
- 7 Cyclist in her 50s dies in A11 crash
- 8 Abnormal load to travel through county on first day of Norfolk Show
- 9 Breckland builder dumped toilet cisterns and bathroom items in front garden
- 10 Car seen driving on the wrong side of the A47
'Make no mistake, these lodges are five star accommodation.'
The committee's approval of the scheme came with the condition that the lodges are removed as soon as they come within 25m of the cliff edge, with monitoring to begin when the cliff line reaches 35m away.
The Mundesley Holiday Village is open 12 months a year, offering full 24 hour security, and an on-site warden. There are homes to buy or rent with a 10 year buy back guarantee. So, if you wish to sell your holiday home within 10 years from purchase date the park will guarantee your purchase price (terms and conditions apply). There is no stamp duty on lodges and bungalows and a low annual site fee.
Fore more information, you can contact Mundesley Holiday Village on 01263 726835 www.mundesleyholidayvillage.co.uk