Maisonette once part of medieval merchant building for sale for £130,000
- Credit: William H Brown
An unusual opportunity to purchase a Grade I listed maisonette, with a tenant in situ, has become available in King’s Lynn.
The property is being offered for sale with William H Brown for offers over £130,000. It is situated in the town’s historic quarter, right off the quayside, and was originally part of a medieval merchant’s courtyard.
Today, the home is a wonderful mix of old and new, with exposed beams throughout as well as an antique tiled hearth set around a log-effect gas fire in the lounge and a modern kitchen/diner.
The kitchen itself is well-fitted with a range of Shaker-style base and wall units, granite worktops and a ceramic sink. It also includes an electric double oven with induction hob, plus an integrated fridge, freezer and washing machine as well as a good-sized storage/pantry.
The property’s only bedroom can be found on the first floor and is open-plan. It includes beautiful timber beams to the roof trusses, an exposed brick feature wall and two dormer windows to the front and side. It also has a dressing area and a walk-in wardrobe, which has been thoughtfully fitted with bespoke shelving and hanging rails.
Situated next to the bedroom is a contemporary bathroom fitted with a corner shower, hand basin and low-level WC. It has been partly tiled and laid with a vinyl floor, there is plenty of storage space.
Outside, the one-bedroom maisonette enjoys access to a communal secret garden, and local shops, schools and leisure facilities are close by.
You may also want to watch:
Nelson Street, King's Lynn
Offers in excess of £130,000
William H Brown, 01553 771337, www.williamhbrown.co.uk
- 1 Boss puts Queen Anne family home up for sale for £1.325m
- 2 Woman found dead in country park is named
- 3 Town's country park remains closed after woman's body discovered
- 4 'You get relegated playing the Norwich way' - Old boy Bruce on Magpies' sorry plight
- 5 Prince Philip memorial erected in town park just a day after his death
- 6 Childhood friends unite to launch barbershop together
- 7 Investigations continuing after drugs seized during police raid
- 8 New Turkish takeaway which cooks over coals shows how kebabs should be done
- 9 Giant Wheel soon to be 'operational' on popular seafront
- 10 EFL announce revised schedule to avoid Prince Philip funeral clash