Manor House in Holme-next-the Sea could be yours for £2.75m
- Credit: Archant
Manor House in Holme-next-the Sea is for sale for £2.75m.
Manor House really is a splendid house tucked away in the village of Holme-next-the-Sea up on the north west Norfolk coast and not to be confused with Holme Hale.
What the Manor House offers is the chance to own a really pretty country house which is all set to go and is a marvellous family home set in 5.76 acres.
The owners bought some extra land at the rear which you could use if you want a pony or boys toys and they have also created a perfect lawned tennis court area from a disused vegetable garden.
And bearing in mind this house also has a swimming pool, there's no excuse not to be fit.
You may also want to watch:
It is believed to date from 1797 with later 19th century additions and originally part of the Le Strange estate.
The wing of the house has been converted by the current owners into a self-contained guest cottage with enclosed separate garden area and terrace; ideal for an elderly relative or you could even use it as a home office.
- 1 Body found in search for missing 87-year-old Margaret Smith
- 2 'I can't carry it' - Shock as plant starts growing eight inches a day
- 3 WATCH: 'Selfish' drug-driver ploughs into police detective's vehicle
- 4 Norfolk man who had sexual relationship with teen jailed
- 5 Two Norfolk businesses star in TV show
- 6 Fly-tipper travelled from Welsh border to dump in Norfolk
- 7 Aldi planning four new stores in Norfolk
- 8 The Range confirms new store at former Outfit on retail park
- 9 Funeral held for much loved windsurfer after body found in Sweden
- 10 Man charged with attempted murder after serious Norwich assault
It has been decorated really beautifully but simply, its original features stand out such as the open fireplaces with sandstone, carrara marble and limestone surrounds with green Welsh slate or pamment hearths, decorative ceiling roses and sash windows with shutters and cornicing.
An impressive entrance porch opens to a large reception hall, which extends the full width of the house and has an original stone fireplace, oak staircase and sliding doors to the rear terrace.
You have a sitting and dining room which are both elegant and the dining room has a full-length south-facing sash window which lifts to provide access onto the lawn with open views across the paddock to the woods surrounding an ancient chalk pit.
Then you have an inviting kitchen with a recessed AGA and a north-facing pantry with an original stone hand basin. There are the original set of bells in the kitchen too.
The Manor House has five double bedrooms with the master bedroom being south and east-facing enjoying extensive views over the lawns and paddock, to the chalk pit copse and surrounding farmland.
The second floor has a further two bedrooms, bathroom and a media/games room bringing the total to seven.
The two bedroom guest wing can be accessed from outside and through the main house at first floor level.
Outside there is a parking area and access to the north-facing courtyard and former Coach House, which is currently used as a boat house, garaging and art studio but has potential for conversion to other uses.
• The Manor House, Holme-next-the-Sea is for sale with Sowerbys on 01328 730340