Inside three of the best homes for sale in Norfolk
- Credit: Archant
Property editor Caroline Culot picks three of the best new properties on the market in Norfolk.
•Irstead House, Cotman Road, Norwich; for sale for £795,000 with Savills
It's hard to imagine how a property with such a grand facade can be tucked away on Cotman Road, at the railway station end, and yet, there it is in all its glory.
Originally a large house that was divided into two, Irstead House was the showpiece of the two properties, built in the late 19th century for the well reputed Herbert Geldart, described as the 'mainstay of Norfolk botany during the latter part of the 19th century'.
Indeed his daughter Alice, who was born in the house, went on to live there for 80 years and she was herself a renowned botanist in her own right.
You may also want to watch:
Over the last five years the property has had a major refurbishment by its owners including the installation of a new kitchen, bathrooms, electrics, plumbing and heating system including underfloor heating in the drawing room, kitchen/dining room and bathrooms.
The owners have completely restored it and transformed it into a fantastic city home with fine period features and four bedrooms with accommodation over three floors. Outside, there is a smart, private garden with a sun trap terrace and a double garage.
- 1 'It's not even that short' - schoolboy, 14, put in isolation due to haircut
- 2 'Red-and-white spray paint doesn't count' - three danger lorries stopped
- 3 Norfolk man found drunk at wheel twice in less than a month
- 4 'We offered £20k over and still lost out': Frantic housing market revealed
- 5 38 Norfolk schools and university named in students' accounts of sex abuse
- 6 Man denies causing death by careless driving on A47 in Norfolk
- 7 Norfolk set for dry week with temperatures to rise
- 8 Why your phone might warn you of a 'terror attack' today
- 9 'Second time this year' - Armed police called to Norwich street
- 10 Two Norfolk restaurants in top five 'secret' places to eat on English coast
•Bure House, Acle; for sale for £425,000 with the Property Shop
This detached Edwardian property in the heart of the very popular Broadland village of Acle, has a detached two storey outbuilding (currently used as guest accommodation), which has electricity and water and would make an ideal annex.
Accommodation comprises: entrance hall, living room, dining room, sitting room, cloakroom, kitchen/breakfast room, four double bedrooms and family bathroom. There is another brick outbuilding (used as kennels, storage and WC) and an enclosed rear garden.
•Dereham Road, Watton; for sale for offers in excess of £450,000 with William H Brown
This idyllic semi detached character cottage offers five bedrooms, a study, dressing room, conservatory and outside a front and rear garden and a swimming pool. Perfect for the forthcoming summer!