Quirky 'gingerbread' home goes up for sale by auction
- Credit: Brown&Co
A three-storey property partly made from carrstone - a type of local sandstone commonly known as 'gingerbread' because of its orange and textured appearance - has come up for sale in Hunstanton.
The property will go under the hammer at Brown&Co's online auction next month and is listed at a guide price of £375,000-£425,000.
The building has been divided into a spacious retail/storage space on the ground floor and five separate self-contained one and two- bedroom flats above, which are situated over the two upper floors. The properties are known as 34 and 48 A, B and C Greevegate, plus 50 and 50a Church Street.
All five flats are currently let, producing an income of around £37,000 per annum, subject to final confirmation.
The ground floor commercial unit is currently unoccupied and the potential exists to convert this to two further residential units, subject to the necessary planning consents.
“The whole premises is in need of improvement and updating," says Trevor Blythe, auction manager at Brown&Co. "Other opportunities exist, subject to planning consent, to reconfigure the property to provide one substantial family dwelling or convert to a boutique style hotel.
“Whatever is decided, the opportunity exists to purchase a lucrative investment opportunity, private home or business venture.”
- 1 'Absolute insanity' - Village' in massive backlash to homes plan
- 2 'Heartbroken' pet owner thanks community after missing dog found dead
- 3 Queen flown by helicopter to Sandringham Estate
- 4 Fire destroys roof of Norwich home
- 5 The most beautiful places to live in Norfolk - according to estate agents
- 6 Wrestler sheds five stone in one last bid to chase his American dream
- 7 Seven of the best locations for a minibreak staycation in Norfolk
- 8 Eight dogs up for adoption at a Norfolk rehoming centre
- 9 7 of the best places to get street food on the Norfolk coast
- 10 Taxi driver hopes to be named Miss Voluptuous UK
Outside there is parking for several vehicles and one of the flats has access to a roof terrace which has fabulous views over the town’s rooftops.
For more information contact Trevor Blythe at Brown&Co on 01603 629871.
Church Street, Hunstanton
Guide price: £375,000-£425,000
Brown & Co, 01603 629871, www.brown-co.com
Would you like to stay up to date with the latest property news in your area? Sign up to our Eastern Daily Press newsletter for our pick of the best local property stories.