See inside this unique home for sale in a former Victorian schoolhouse
- Credit: Bedfords
A three-bedroom home in part of a former school building has come up for sale at a guide price of £375,000.
The property in Rickinghall, near Diss, was built in the Victorian era and is Grade II listed.
It was converted into four houses in the early 2000s and still retains a number of gorgeous period features, including large proportioned rooms and original windows.
Accommodation is arranged over two floors and includes a good-sized entrance porch and a lovely double-height reception hall, which features an oak staircase rising to the first floor, as well as a cloakroom with a utility space and plumbing for a washing machine.
The living area is open-plan and faces south-east, offering attractive views over the courtyard through the pretty arched windows.
Despite being open-plan, the space has been cleverly divided. The sitting area has a large fireplace with a wood-burning stove and the dining area and kitchen is accessed by a step.
The kitchen itself is well-fitted and includes a modern range of base and wall units, as well as a range cooker and plumbing for a dishwasher.
- 1 Prince Harry's ex marries north Norfolk hotelier
- 2 Fears over town gridlock as years of A11 improvement works begin
- 3 'Like a Halloween scene' - huge caterpillar webs engulf hedges
- 4 'It's a nightmare' - Roadworks leave town 'gridlocked'
- 5 Princess Anne waves from Range Rover after landing in Wisbech
- 6 Weather warning as thunderstorms set to hit Norfolk
- 7 Mum killed in A47 collision was ‘walking to Norwich’, inquest hears
- 8 Villagers' anger after meadow is mowed causing 'destruction' of plants
- 9 Norfolk glamping site with natural pool named among UK's best newcomers
- 10 Classic vehicle day coming to stunning gardens this weekend
Upstairs, the property's three bedrooms are accessed off a good-sized landing. The master bedroom is fitted with a range of useful storage cupboards and has an en suite shower room, while the family bathroom serves the two remaining bedrooms.
The property enjoys a private flint-walled garden area, as well as a central paved patio and a single cart lodge, opposite the property, provides a useful storage area.
For more information, contact Bedfords.
Guide price: £375,000
Bedfords, 01284 769999