See inside this 18th century merchant's house for sale in Norwich
- Credit: Savills
A Grade II listed Georgian townhouse has come up for sale on Calvert Street in Norwich, at a guide price of £640,000.
Known as Snailgate House, the property is tucked away down a quiet street in the centre of the city. It not only boasts a gorgeous Georgian façade, but also comes with a courtyard-style garden and a covered parking area - often considered a rarity in such a central city centre location.
The property was originally built in the 18th century. Selling agents Savills understand that it was a merchant's house, but later became offices with living accommodation above.
It fell into disrepair but was later restored and the current owners have lived at the home for over a decade, carrying out considerable redecoration and improvements. These have included installing a new kitchen on the first floor, an en suite shower room to the first-floor master bedroom and creating an additional bathroom upstairs.
Other highlights include a balcony overlooking the courtyard garden, two well-proportioned reception rooms on the ground floor and a cellar, which offers ample storage space.
The property is situated on Calvert Street, in a historic part of the city just off Colegate and near the River Wensum. Vehicular access is available from St George's Street.
Contact Savills for more details.
- 1 Police fine 39 second-homers and day-trippers in resort crackdown
- 2 Drama as police plane circles villages for missing person
- 3 Family of missing man informed after body found near lake
- 4 Rogue trader jailed after taking thousands of pounds from customers
- 5 A 42-bedroom hotel with ballroom and set in three acres for sale
- 6 More than 40pc of people in Norfolk have now had their first Covid jab
- 7 Builder wants zero affordable homes in development – after promising 13
- 8 Seafront Bath House homes for sale again after price drop
- 9 Seafront beach chalets demolished as part of major £1.6m scheme
- 10 Have your say - should north Norfolk be able to ease restrictions sooner?
Calvert Street, Norwich
Guide price: £640,000
Savills, 01603 229214, www.savills.com