See inside this 18th century merchant's house for sale in Norwich
- Credit: Savills
A Grade II listed Georgian townhouse has come up for sale on Calvert Street in Norwich, at a guide price of £640,000.
Known as Snailgate House, the property is tucked away down a quiet street in the centre of the city. It not only boasts a gorgeous Georgian façade, but also comes with a courtyard-style garden and a covered parking area - often considered a rarity in such a central city centre location.
The property was originally built in the 18th century. Selling agents Savills understand that it was a merchant's house, but later became offices with living accommodation above.
It fell into disrepair but was later restored and the current owners have lived at the home for over a decade, carrying out considerable redecoration and improvements. These have included installing a new kitchen on the first floor, an en suite shower room to the first-floor master bedroom and creating an additional bathroom upstairs.
Other highlights include a balcony overlooking the courtyard garden, two well-proportioned reception rooms on the ground floor and a cellar, which offers ample storage space.
The property is situated on Calvert Street, in a historic part of the city just off Colegate and near the River Wensum. Vehicular access is available from St George's Street.
Contact Savills for more details.
- 1 Woman in her 20s dies in A47 crash
- 2 The school where boys can wear skirts - but not shorts
- 3 Cyclist in her 50s dies in A11 crash
- 4 Redundancy leads to Norfolk mum earning up to £3,000 a month
- 5 Man jealous of ex-wife's new relationship burnt down house
- 6 Breckland builder dumped toilet cisterns and bathroom items in front garden
- 7 Train travellers set for another weekend of rail disruption
- 8 Car seen driving on the wrong side of the A47
- 9 How much will Great Yarmouth's new Marina Centre cost?
- 10 Woman in serious condition in hospital after crash between two cars and van
Calvert Street, Norwich
Guide price: £640,000
Savills, 01603 229214, www.savills.com