See inside this £1.3m property for sale in Norwich city centre
- Credit: Archant
A beautifully restored Grade II listed home has come up for sale in a sought-after private crescent in Norwich.
Selling agents Sowerbys describe the property at The Crescent, which is just a stone’s throw from the Chapelfield area of Norwich, as an “outstanding and superbly extended Grade II listed Georgian house”.
It’s marketed at a guide price of £1,300,000 and has been beautifully restored. The vendors have retained much of its original Georgian detail and fused its spacious and versatile accommodation with more modern additions, including underfloor heating to most of the rooms.
The property also comes with a triple garage and workshop which is a real rarity in such a prime city centre location.
Other highlights include the spacious drawing room with two fireplaces and French doors, as well as internal pocket doors that allow for more open space, and the dining room which boasts an impressive fire surround and picture rail.
You may also want to watch:
The lower ground floor has also been converted, providing a wine cellar and a study.
Towards the back of the house, the L-shaped kitchen/breakfast room has been fitted with base and wall units designed by Clive Christian Furniture Co. It also boasts a vaulted ceiling, integrated Miele appliances, a large island and space for an Aga.
- 1 Workmen unearth six skeletons during city street overhaul
- 2 Parts of Norfolk see heavy snow falls with more to come
- 3 9 Norfolk pubs with heated gardens for mixed households
- 4 Man denies running Japanese restaurant from Norwich home for the third time
- 5 School forced to close for Christmas early due to Covid cases
- 6 Busy petrol station on A140 closes due to 'unforeseen circumstances'
- 7 Shocking dashcam footage shows man doing 129mph through village
- 8 Farm shop expands after huge lockdown sales boom
- 9 Farms, former rail lines and old buildings set to be sold off by council
- 10 More than 1,500 homes and school planned for land alongside NDR
The vendors have also extended the house further to create even more open-plan living space, with large sliding doors offering access to the courtyard garden. It houses a bedroom with en suite plus a large utility room and boot room, before leading on to the garage.
A mezzanine level on the first floor includes a family bathroom which serves a good-sized bedroom to the rear of the property.
The master suite includes a bedroom, en suite and dressing room, and there is also a further bedroom suite to the front.
On the second floor you will find a further bedroom which features plenty of under eaves storage.
Outside, the property is approached from The Crescent by a path dividing two sections of lawn and at the rear there is a courtyard garden.
Chapel Field Road, Norwich
Guide price: £1,300,000
Sowerbys, 01603 950215, www.sowerbys.com